• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by sasa3791 View Post
    1/48 scale very hi detailed and accurate DKM Uboot VII B Conning Tower​ (Fairwater)

Real scaled from original.
    Hollowed to saved material.
    Model unpainted.

If you need a different size or a custom part designed just for you?
    Please send me a PM.

http://shpws.me/PKyH

Ooo. I like that. very nice, and interesting piping on the side for the vents...

Comment

I bought this in december when Distefano had his sale going on. Its his 1/32 8.8cm deck gun ( https://www.shapeways.com/product/HD...ionId=62080661 ) Much better looking than the one that Accurate Armor makes that i was planning on getting originally.

Click image for larger version

Name:	88.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	130557
      Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• sam reichart
        Past President
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
        I bought this in december when Distefano had his sale going on. Its his 1/32 8.8cm deck gun ( https://www.shapeways.com/product/HD...ionId=62080661 ) Much better looking than the one that Accurate Armor makes that i was planning on getting originally.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4569[/ATTACH]
        nice. how fragile is it?
        who's hull is that 1/32 Type VIIc?

Comment

its fragility depends on what part of it you are talking about... the major parts (anything bigger than 1/8") are beefy... but the tiny details like the hand grips are extremely fragile...

"the boat can be yours if the price is right" (in my best used car salesman voice) honestly. I have two of these that i want to sell. it is not a 32nd parallel. i own the molds, and had the parts pulled by a local fiberglass guy.

Comment

• JWLaRue
            Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
            • Aug 1994

The "white frosted detail" choice from Shapeways is pretty fragile. If there is a choice for the larger parts (like a conning tower) go with the "white strong & flexible." You give up a little bit on the level of detail, but this material behaves like a nylon in terms of flexibility and strength.

-Jeff
            Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• firemanjim
              • Jan 2018

Name:	20190831_120509.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	133764

Name:	20190831_125815.jpg
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	133765

Bought these from him in his standard nylon version.
              The wintergarten and 20mm gun l had him make for me in composite bronze metal.....if you want a part done in metal he'll set one up for you but it will cost extra.

I also have an 88mm deck gun made from him in bronze metal.

These are all in 1/32 scale and are solid items for rc, IMHO.

Well worth the cost.
              Last edited by firemanjim; 10-12-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• sam reichart
                Past President
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by firemanjim View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]7871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7872[/ATTACH]

The wintergarten and 20mm gun l had him make for me in composite bronze metal.....if you want a part done in metal he'll set one up for you but it will cost extra.

Well worth the cost.
                That’s some beautiful work. Having the guns made in metal is a bonus. I’d love to build a small tower diorama with this type of part quality... I noticed the deck is not detailed, so I’m assuming brass or another material would be needed for that, as well as parting out the other tower details.

Comment

• salmon
                  Treasurer
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by firemanjim View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]7871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7872[/ATTACH]

Well worth the cost.
                  I see a Gato/Balao in the background! Whatcha building?
                  If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• firemanjim
                    • Jan 2018

I just bought the tower on Shapeways while it was still affordable....lol.
                    Right now it's just a display piece but I'm hoping to build a 1/48 Balao boat someday.

Comment

• firemanjim
                      • Jan 2018

Actually he does offer a deck that l just haven't primed yet although I dont doubt he could make those in metal too if l ask and he also makes the other deck details as well, just sold seperately..

Comment

• sasa3791
                        • Aug 2016

CYBER MONDAY 10% OFF - Use promo code"CYBERMON" at checkout

Welcome to diStefan Designs for ship modelers, 3D-printed by Shapeways!3D Designer and modeler specializing in items related to army parts and scale modeling. I'm also available to hire for custom design work. If you can see what you want but not in the scale you want, just let me know. Apologies for the price on many larger items this is due to recent price increases by Shapeways. Please contact me to see if there are other options available for printing larger items (Scales 1/144 and larger). In certain cases it may be a case of recreating the sprue or re-orientating the part to try and reduce the cost. Or, in some cases using a 3rd party printer. Painting Tips 1     

Enter promo code CYBERMON at checkout for 10% off orders of $25 or more.

Terms & Conditions
                        Promo code CYBERMON is good for 10% off on your next order of at least $25 USD before taxes and VAT. Code is valid for a maximum discount of $100 USD per order before taxes and VAT and a maximum use of 1 per customer. Applies to all materials except sandstone, platinum, silver, gold, brass, gold plated brass, copper, rhodium plated brass, and bronze. Code cannot be combined with other discounts or offer codes. No cash value. Code is valid from December 2, 2019 beginning 12:00am EST and expires on December 4, 2019 at 3:00am EST.

Comment

Working...
                        X