• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sgtmac1
    SubCommittee Member
    • Oct 2014

Distefano Models

I have found a 3d modeler who is making US Navy parts in a variety of scales who goes by the handle of Distefano Models. He has a 1/48th scale 20 mm that looks great for my fleet boats and is now researching doing the 4'' and 40mm singles that a lot of boats had. He is doing some serious work for surface craft, also. He is apparently interested in helping us out, so I thought I would let you know.
    This is his 20mm gun that I ordered from him...
    Attached Files
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

A link to the web site might be useful! Here it is:

<div style="text-align:center;"><strong>Welcome to&nbsp;</strong><span style="font-size:16px"><strong>diStefan&nbsp;</strong></span><strong>Designs for ship modelers, 3D-printed by Shapeways!</strong></div><div style="text-align:center;">3D Designer and modeler specializing in items related to army parts and scale modeling. I&#039;m also available to hire for custom design work. If you can see what you want but not in the scale you want, just let me know.<br /> <br /> Apologies for the price on many larger items this is due to recent price increases by Shapeways.<br /> <br /> Please contact me to see if there are other options available for printing larger items<br /> (Scales 1/144&nbsp;and larger). In certain cases it may be a case of recreating the sprue or<br /> re-orientating the part to try and reduce the cost. Or, in some cases using a 3rd party printer.<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <strong><span style="font-size:14px"><a href="https://www.shapeways.com/forum/t/paint-on-frost-extrem-details-parts.75917/" rel="nofollow">Painting Tips</a>&nbsp;1&nbsp;</span></strong>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>

He appears to do very good work.

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• bob_eissler
      SubCommittee Member
      • Aug 2005

How do these guns compare with the guns in the Merit 1/48th PT boat?

Comment

• sasa3791
        • Aug 2016

Hello guys,

I'm glad you have add my work and Shapi shop to this subcommittee forum to discuss about different navy parts.

I start work 4'' gun used on WW2 American fleet boats as used on the USS TANG, USS GATO... it's still work in progress, I hope it will printable ready tomorrow.

Here are some shoots

Comment

• sgtmac1
          SubCommittee Member
          • Oct 2014

3 inch gun from Disefano Models

His latest offering-a 3'' gun...
          Attached Files

Comment

• sasa3791
            • Aug 2016

High details model 5''/ 51 Cal. Deck Gun*for WWII USN ships

Suitable for:
            Battleship classes: *Florida (B-30), Wyoming (B-32), New York (B-34), Nevada (B-36), Pennsylvania (B-38), New Mexico (B-40), Tennessee (BB-43) and Colorado (BB-45)

Carrier classes: *Langley (CV-1), Long Island (AVG-1), Bogue (CVE-9), Sangamon (CVE-26) and Charger (CVE-30)

Destroyers: *Hatfield (D-231), Brooks (D-232), Gilmer (D-233), Fox (D-234) and Kane (D-235)

Submarines: *Barracuda (SS-163), Bonita (SS-164) and "T" (SS-198) class
            Plus various Coast Guard Cutters, auxiliaries and armed merchant ships.

These can be rescaled. Ask for your favorite scale!

Check out 1/48 USN 5 inch 51 Cal. Deck Gun by diStefan on Shapeways and discover more 3D printed products in Ships.

Comment

• sasa3791
              • Aug 2016

Here are another model

USS Anchor Submarine

Recommend for: Gato, Balao-class and other USS submarines.

Check out 1/48 USN Anchor Submarine by diStefan on Shapeways and discover more 3D printed products in Ships.

Comment

• sasa3791
                • Aug 2016

1/48 USN Single 40mm Bofors

Check out 1/48 USN Single 40mm Bofors by diStefan on Shapeways and discover more 3D printed products in Ships.

If you need a different size or a custom part designed just for you?

Please send me a PM.

Comment

• sasa3791
                  • Aug 2016

1/72 USN Single 40mm Bofors Elevated Version

Check out 1/72 USN Single 40mm Bofors [Elevated] by diStefan on Shapeways and discover more 3D printed products in Ships.

If you need a different size or a custom part designed just for you?

Please send me a PM.

Comment

• sasa3791
                    • Aug 2016

4&quot;/50 (10.2 cm) Sub Gun Deck

High detailed and accurate model 1/72 USN 4"/50 (10.2 cm) Sub Gun Deck.

Ship Class Used On:

Mark 7: Arkansas (BM-7) class
                    Mark 9:
                    "Flush Deck" destroyers: Cassin (D-43), Aylwin (D-47), O'Brien (D-51), Caldwell (D-69), Wickes (D-75) and Clemson (D-186) classes
                    Submarines: S-105 ("S" class), Dolphin (SS-169), Shark (SS-174), Perch (SS-176), Salmon (SS-180) and Balao (SS-285 to SS-291) classes
                    Also used on armed yachts, patrol gunboats, Eagle boats and various auxiliaries
                    Submarines of the Gato class (SS-212) as refitted

Check out 1/72 USN 4 inch 50 (10.2 cm) sub mount deck by diStefan on Shapeways and discover more 3D printed products in Ships.

Comment

• sasa3791
                      • Aug 2016

This week get 20% off orders over $100! Use code STOCKTOBER16 at checkout.

Expires October 23rd, 2016 at 11:59pm PDT.

Code is valid 3 uses per customer with a maximum discount of $500 USD per order before taxes and VAT.

Comment

• thor
                        SubCommittee Member
                        • Feb 2009

Ralph-We need to inquire if this gentleman can work up that pre-WWII Deck gun for our American S class kit.....
                        Regards,

Matt

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
                          • Oct 2012

double tapped

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
                            • Oct 2012

Matt,
                            Your post jogged my memory on why I have several different sizes of brass tubing sitting on my work bench in a plastic cup.
                            They are the start of a 4" gun.

Now to your post.
                            Reading post #10, sasa3791 shows a 4" gun and says it can be reproduced in an scale.
                            Just a matter of making it a pre WWII gun.
                            It does look good as is.

Ralph

Comment

• sasa3791
                              • Aug 2016

1/96 scale very hi detailed and accurate model of 5"/25 (12.7 cm) Deck Gun Marks 10,11,13 and 17 for U.S. Navy ships.

This was the first USN heavy AA gun designed for the purpose and was used on most USA capital ships and cruisers built or modernized between 1926 and 1940. When these weapons started to appear on battleships, the gunnery officers began thinking of them as dual-purpose weapons and often fired them in the annual surface gunfire contests with impressive results.

Ship Class Used On:

USS Nevada (BB-36),
                              USS Pennsylvania (BB-38),
                              USS New Mexico (BB-40), USS
                              USS Tennessee (BB-43),
                              USS Colorado (BB-45),
                              USS Pensacola (CA-24),
                              USS Northampton (CA-26),
                              USS New Orleans (CA-32),
                              USS Portland (CA-33),
                              USS Brooklyn (CL-40) classes

Submarines in the 1940s

Date Of Design: 1921

Check out 1/96 5 inch 25 (12.7 cm) Deck AA Gun by diStefan on Shapeways and discover more 3D printed products in Ships.

Comment

Working...
                              X