• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

Happy New Year!
    The whole point of the torpedo was for you to experiment with. The first version was included with this thread. Have you tried the first design? If you have, I did not see any input from you on a better propellor. The torpedo was not created for me to come up with a finished model. As far as making them available, not sure. I will be sending the files and/or torpedo parts to one person that has been playing with the ver 1 torpedo to get their input.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      No one
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by salmon View Post
      Bob, Thank you! I am working on a 1/72ish torpedo.

Scott,
      No real seal. Tubing that will fit .8 mm (shaft size of motor) I did not find. So, I needed to solder.
      Any kind of seal seems to cause a lot of friction. Keep your ideas coming you brilliant cyclist.
      Peace,
      Tom
      I was planning to forego any seal and rely on good old CorrosionX to keep things running "back there". I went as far as 3D printing the prototypes.

My BIG issue is in finding a commercially available 2/3 bladed propeller less than 7/16" OD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MK148_TC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	133865

Click image for larger version

Name:	MK148-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	133864

Originally posted by bob the builder View Post
      This is seriously good stuff, Tom. Thanks so much for getting it out and open for everyone to play with.

I've been working with Dan Kachur for the last 6 months or so (on and off) to see if I can put a kit together for both 32nd and 48th scales. I'm hoping my kits will be out in the next 60 days or so.

Having this information out there for people to try will definitely help to progress the hobby!

Good stuff!
      Now I just wait for Bob and see what he makes available. If he never comes through in 1:48 Scale, I'll return to this, I'm patient.
      v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• jure george
        • Jul 2005

Hi salmon

Well Yes I have your Ver 1 Trop.I don`t have a 3D printer so I had to look locally for a Printing service. Then - now I am getting the electrical parts together for it. I was able to create a Timer circuit from my old electronics parts bin but still waiting for the motors to come in. ALL of that from China of course. Time lost. Now I can`t test anything till the warm weather comes back up here, unless bathtub runs count?

So it is slow here and when I read that there was a Ver.2 I though it might be worth looking into to see if others have Positive thngs to say for it over Ver 1. Easier to print a new Ver. 2 and test from there on.

Well I guess I will and read what comes up here then.

Again, Thanks for posting your ideas salmon.

Comment

• salmon
          Treasurer
          • Jul 2011

I really like this guy's thinking and his solutions. Here is a 1/72 torpedo launcher
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• JWLaRue
            Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
            • Aug 1994

That RC Creator guy has some really nice engineering/design talent!

-Jeff
            Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Working...
            X