• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

Re: Project 641 Foxtrot Update

Giovanni,
    Rick has changed his policy not to bill until shipped, but I would contact him. His work is amazing from what I have seen.
    Peace,
    Tom
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• tommydeen
      • Nov 2003

i noticed some photo etch that was an old post..im curious if that will become a reality..it would be nice!
      Tom
      sigpic. You have to ask yourself one question...would the admiral approve

Comment

• giovanni
        • Mar 2012

Thanks Tom.
        I will give it a try.

Comment

• tommydeen
          • Nov 2003

great! im in for a set if you decide to do the p.e
          sigpic. You have to ask yourself one question...would the admiral approve

Comment

• herrmill
            • Jun 2006

You might try contacting Caswell on the PE as I thought it had been done & paid for before the proverbial stuff hit the fan & Mike sold off what hull kits he had. That said, David's fitting kit is still listed for sale on the S-D.com site & I know of several builds underway:

Sail interior pieces, masts, antennas, scopes, and foundations.
            All the running gear, propellers, dunce-caps, shafts, bearings, bearing bulkhead, universal couplers, dog-bones, wheel-collars, thrust bearings, and Oilite bearings.

The stern control surfaces including the horizontal stabilizers. Sub-driver foundations and strap.

Control surface operating system. These items are machined from stainless, cast from white-metal, and cast from polyurethane resin.
            Good luck!

Comment

i noticed some photo etch that was an old post..im curious if that will become a reality..it would be nice!
              Tom
              i beleive the PE was used to detail the master, not as part of the kit

Comment

• herrmill
                • Jun 2006

Here's some eye candy for those who've been following this project since its inception might be interested in the final product of Rick Palumbo & David Meriman's excellent 1:72 Foxtrot kit.

Its a static model commission completed by Jon Evans. More information on the build can be found on another forum.

Comment

• sam reichart
                  Past President
                  • Feb 2003

that's a beautiful job...great looking model. what's the cost of the kit?

Comment

• herrmill
                    • Jun 2006

The base kit sells for $349 but I just noticed that Rick is offering 20% off on it & the rest of his line through this Friday. David's fitting kit runs $130.

Comment

Working...
                    X