Revell Type VII photoetch - any interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Stefan-
    thanks for helping out with

Stefan-
    thanks for helping out with this project...now if only some models would show up here...

Comment

• stefan
      • Feb 2003

Thanks.
      The parts are ready to

Thanks.
      The parts are ready to go.

Jeff, I need your mailing address. You can send it to me via email (uboot@hotmail.com).

Stefan[B]

Comment

• JWLaRue
        Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
        • Aug 1994

hi Stefan,

....Oh! I sent it

hi Stefan,

....Oh! I sent it to you via the forum's PM/e-mail facility. I'll send it again.

-many thanks,

Jeff
        Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• thomcmdchief
          • Feb 2003

I'd like a set as

I'd like a set as well. Just let me know how much.

Thom SC 2471

Comment

• thomcmdchief
            • Feb 2003

Got my kit today from

Got my kit today from Internet hobbies. Can't wait to start. I do hope Jeff comes out with the PE kit. Does anyone out there know how to contact the company in Japan who is makeing the metal periscopes???

Thom SC 2471

Comment

Here it is.

Houshinya

Here it is.

Houshinya

Comment

• safrole
                • Aug 2003

I'll probably knock out your

I'll probably knock out your PE kits in a month. Hit me with your ideas.

On the agenda so far--

Deck
                Conning Tower Floor
                Saddle Tank Access Plates
                Capstan tubing, heads and doubler plates
                Maybe a small placard saying "ALAARM!!"

Also who is planning on converting to RC? That is my primary interest and I have some ideas that could really boost the do-it-yourselfer along.

I have to generate a VII-C deck for the Robbe, to match the dream-arts towers, which I am told shipped Thursday from Munich. I will make these kits as an offshoot of that art file, since this will only require minor tweaking to fit properly. I will plan on the modeler reusing the hatches and some other accessories by removing them from the stock deck. Same story for the periscopes. I will provide the upright capstans so the RC conversion crowd will have a discreet attachment method.

Anyway let me know your wish list.

Edited By safrole on 1080931931

Comment

• JWLaRue
                  • Aug 1994

....and that's the public confirmation

[color=#000000]....and that's the public confirmation that I more-or-less expected to happen.

I do not believe that this market is large enough to support two people making/offering the same product. With that in mind, I will cease work on a deck set for this model. I must admit that I am disappointed that Safrole (Jason) has chosen to now do this twice.

Stefan]
                  Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• safrole
                    • Aug 2003

Don't be that way.

You should

Don't be that way.

You should have been disappointed last Wednesday when I gave you my decision, but I guess you needed me to announce it in this forum. So here you have it.

I have been very transparent in my dealings, both in public and in private. For this I expect your disappointment to be at the situation, and not at any perceived vacillation on my part. What I am saying is that I have always been true to my word and never made any representations to mislead you about my intentions.

Comment

• JWLaRue
                      • Aug 1994

I did not say (or

I did not say (or intend to imply) that you have not been straight with me as to your intentions.

You and I just do not see the situation that same way.

No problem and end of discussion.

-Jeff
                      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• jefff j
                        • Feb 2004

Jeff, if your still thinking

Jeff, if your still thinking of or have started making these decks count me in. Sorry I am so far behind the 8 ball on this, didn't order a kit until yesterday. I really think from reading all the postings, this thing is gonna take of like a rocket. An affordable u-boat kit, that can be converted to r/c use. Wow, who would of thought???? And what a perfect size. Always wanted a type VII in a smaller scale...... After I get this one going I can buy that old Ford Pinto down the street and still be able to pack my sub in it! thanks Jeff Jones

Comment

• safrole
                          • Aug 2003

Yes I second that, you

Yes I second that, you should do it. You have people who trust the name you've built and the market is probably deeper than both of us think.

I would even make your plates for you and wholesale them to you for redistribution, with no setup costs. And I will tell you explicitly that I will not "borrow" your art without permission, nor sell the product to anyone but you. Basically you can use me for a PE vendor with the deal of the century.

I am thinking $30 on the revell kit and will likely make a second revision after the initial introduction, a revision geared toward helping the do it yourselfer convert it to R/C. Maybe the boat can be split like the Robbe, so I would make a pair of matching cross bulkheads to stiffen all the hull perimeter where it gets cut. A pair of reinforcing doughnuts if you will.

Anyway time is hard to come by and the Robbe kits are already starting to tax my schedule, so it will be a month probably. Jeff if you are willing and get art to me I could probably have prototypes burned a week later, unless I run out of brass which takes a week to get in. Also I will ad to your file some of the little "trinkets" like capstan heads, doubler plates and saddle tank access plates so you don't have to draw them. (Yes it is true that I don't want to share any of my art, sorry. I also know you could do it easily, but I will save you the effort.) I can even do the capstan heads with the little oblong part on that section of their radius like the OTW kit uses.

Thanks, --Jason

Edited By safrole on 1081048839

Comment

• boatbuilder1
                            • Mar 2003

count me in too jl

count me in too jl always one to follow a crowd I am

ca

Comment

• stefan
                              • Feb 2003

....and that's the public confirmation

[color=#000000]....and that's the public confirmation that I more-or-less expected to happen.

I do not believe that this market is large enough to support two people making/offering the same product. With that in mind, I will cease work on a deck set for this model. I must admit that I am disappointed that Safrole (Jason) has chosen to now do this twice.

Stefan]
                              Don't send them back yet.

I would really like you to continue, like so many others.

I will certainly purchase 2 of them.

Stefan

Comment

• JWLaRue
                                • Aug 1994

A number of folks have

A number of folks have contacted me since my posting of April 2nd and I am very appreciative of it.

Please stay tuned for an update on what will be done and how.

-many thanks,

Jeff
                                Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Working...
                                X