Help please: propshaft-uj-stuffing box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you think there are

Don't you think there are getting too many Nautilus boats out there though?
    Not really. The Disneysub website is concentrating probably most of the Nautilus sub builders worldwide

The only other Disney Nautilus I know that has been cast in 1/48th scale is Ray Masons boat- very nice too.

They're like rocking horse droppings though!

Seaview has been modelled in lots of scales, as has the Stingray.

You can keep the skydiver!

Andy

Comment

• JWLaRue
      Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
      • Aug 1994

I thought it was you

I thought it was you with the other 1/48th type VII Jeff.
      Boy your etched brass deck would have been nice a couple years ago! I never want to drill out all those deck slots the hard way again.

I think we can get your etched deck sets now through Subtech-UK (I forget the name of the chap behind it - I met him at a model show this year and bought most of my operational bits, including the WTC and an APC unit.)

Q) Did you use 380 motors geared down on you boat Jeff ?
      I'm with you....there's just too many deck slots and they're just too small to do a really good job without driving oneself crazy! And all those tiny square holes for the conning tower deck! That's why all my boats have PE decks.

Other than Ships n' Things buying a bunch of my robbe Type VII decks, I'm not aware of anyone who might (or could) be selling my decks....time to check it out!

For the 1/48th Type VII I am using one of the D&E Miniatures WTC 3.0/mod 2 cylinders. These have a pair of Graupner motors that are geared 3:1. I think they are 380-sized motors.

-Jeff
      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• steveuk
        • Oct 2005

Other than Ships n' Things

[quote]Other than Ships n' Things buying a bunch of my robbe Type VII decks, I'm not aware of anyone who might (or could) be selling my decks....time to check it out!

For the 1/48th Type VII I am using one of the D&E Miniatures WTC 3.0/mod 2 cylinders. These have a pair of Graupner motors that are geared 3]
        Ah, I notice that Subtech UK sells the Robbe type VII and also accessories - including the etched deck for it. Must be what I had seen.

There goes the gearing down thing again. It doesn't surprise me now.

I just saw the stats on my RE380 motor and it does actually say 6A at max efficiency! (That's what I was getting with it running straight through the shaft!) Compare this to the next type RE385 5 pole motor which is rated 0.85A at max efficiency. Staggering difference. These are worth investigating...

Comment

• JWLaRue
          Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
          • Aug 1994

Steve,

...I just figure out that

[color=#000000]Steve,

...I just figure out that there are two web sites]
          Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• subcom#2021
            • Feb 2003