• salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gato_Split_04a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	680.3 KB
ID:	135153

This Photo is several weeks old, it was taken at a Nevada state park called the Big Bend of the Colorado. There is a lagoon off the river that is fantastic to run subs in. ESPECIALLY since it has cooled down and the park is empty. Had to do some tweaking on the sub the ballast blow and vent needed adjustment, but once that was done the Gato ran great.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• steveuk
      • Oct 2005

Looks great Tom. Nice and clear water. This a very in depth Gato thread. I must study this more when I come to build mine. Great info.

Comment

• salmon
        Treasurer
        • Jul 2011

Thank you Steve. I really appreciate your kind words. The reason I post is to help someone else get inspired or even think if this guy can build one, I can too. Which admittedly, helps our hobby as a whole. I post the good things and the mistakes (and I do those mistakes well!) to help others build their own. Although I have been side tracked by a lot of different projects, I truly believe if someone takes a little time every weekend, or day or whatever time they have, they can build an RC submarine. So, study this more and post your progress, I will be learning from you. You do amazing work Steve.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• steveuk
          • Oct 2005

I agree. It's nice to give into the hobby. And like you I try to get a bit done every week. Slowly the projects get finished. I will make the extra effort to record the process of making stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X