• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cliffhanger67
    SubCommittee Member
    • Aug 2015

Full throttle issue on boat runs

My boat has Motroniks Viper Marine 10, LipoGuard, WFLY wft08x trans, SombraLabs Receiver, 480 brushed motor, ES2 module for airpump and solenoid pressure valve. When I push the boat to run at full throttle, the ES2 power is cut off. Cannot five or surface. The LipoGuard light becomes red, green, blank, green. Before it happens my LipoGuard lights are R, G, G, G. Or 2 G.

After turning power off, then on, light turns to normal and works as it should.
    I tested it on the bench with identical parts but no ES2 instead a servo. It did not lose power.
    What is going on? Help. Thanks in advance.
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

Ralph,
    I did not see a BEC listed. You may be taxing the Mtroniks ESC. The one they build into it is fine for light demands. I would suggest adding a BEC into your plans (don't hate me because you have to pack more stuff into your WTC LOL).
    I also had this issue on my Gato, but it was a bad solder that caused the intermittent turning off the system, but I go back to BEC.
    Peace,
    Tom
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
      • Oct 2012

Tom, you may be confused.
      I am not the one asking the question.
      I am not good with names.
      Not sure but I think cliffhanger67 is "John".

Think the wooden submarines in our group here at Yorba Park.
      Think the Viking row boats.

Comment

• salmon
        Treasurer
        • Jul 2011

I am confused, thank you Ralph!
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• cliffhanger67
          SubCommittee Member
          • Aug 2015

Yes, guys it’s me Jon with fantasy sub and unusual surface boats. I will consider Tom’s suggestion. Before this motor upgrade I did not have this issue. What would be the most compact BEC I can buy? My WTC is very tight in space. No room to expand. Thanks for the idea. Appreciate further help to find the suitable BEC.

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
            • Oct 2012

I looked up the Mtroniks Viper Marine 10 speed controller.
            It does list BEC at 1.2amps.
            ------------------
            I have used very small inline speed controllers with BEC.
            The trick is to make sure they have reverse and are for brushed motors.

My boats have been converted to brushless motors.

My Skipjack originally had a water pump ballast system using this Speed Controller. (Brushless) (used about 5 years)

Comment

• cliffhanger67
              SubCommittee Member
              • Aug 2015

THANKS Ralph. See you at the park.

Comment

Working...
              X