X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subdude
    Official Peon
    • Feb 2003

And there you have it. Teskey delivers the goods!
    SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• salmon
      Treasurer
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by greg w View Post
      Here is BD's drawing of the wiring for a later ses-3 . I got it from his cd but no instructions on it .[ATTACH=CONFIG]7166[/ATTACH]
      Greg, Thank you for checking on the CD. Mine had this too. It helped with general wiring.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• salmon
        Treasurer
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Rick Teskey View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]7167[/ATTACH]
        Does this help?k

Rick that does help! Thank you. It might be the ticket. It is too late for me to be able to test, so probably Wednesday will be the soonest I can check.
        Thank you everyone for your help.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• salmon
          Treasurer
          • Jul 2011

I reversed the wires on the FSB/SES to see if 1. the Solenoid would turn on (since the pump worked there) or 2. if the pump would not work on the spot where the solenoid was. The pump worked on both positions, meaning, the FSB/SES is working. Tried putting 6v to the solenoid directly and I did not see anything happen. It looks like it is the solenoid!
          Next step is can the solenoid be fixed? Working on that answer next. Any suggestions?

Comment

• subdude
            Official Peon
            • Feb 2003

Tom,

You may want to increase the voltage. That's a Clippard "mouse" solenoid valve, and they come in either 12 or 24 volt dc versions. 6V May not be enough to fire a 12v solenoid, especially if it's been sitting and is corroded internally (it happens). I've rune them on 8.4 volts, but not 6 so I don't know for sure.

They do come apart for cleaning by unscrewing the bottom portion from the knurled ring on the main body. Take note of which side is up on the valve plate when you take it apart, so you can put it back together correctly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2862eac5fdf0fb8d47db1bc83ce590992046dff9-900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	133293

Worst case, they are readily available from the manufacturer here: https://www.clippard.com/part/EV-2-12

Jim
            Last edited by subdude; 05-16-2019, 07:46 AM. Reason: insert image

Comment

• salmon
              Treasurer
              • Jul 2011

Thank you Jim! It may be tonight or next week before I can try it out. Heading to LA to run subs this weekend, so might not get a chance to devote to this.

Comment

• subdude
                Official Peon
                • Feb 2003

Have a great time in LA, please tell the guys I said hi!

Comment

• salmon
                  Treasurer
                  • Jul 2011

I think This is the problem....
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0395.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	133306

Will had one he was not using and gave it to me! More later.

Comment

• salmon
                    Treasurer
                    • Jul 2011

I was given a 6v Solenoid and replaced the rusted one. It works!
                    Hopefully soon I will start a build/repair log on this Type VII.

Comment

Working...
                    X