Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warpatroller
    • Feb 2006

Well, alright guys! You have given me some motivation to actually follow through with it! I am curious to see how this boat will perform when constructed, as specified, by the Assembly and Operation manual. If I run into any snags along the way, maybe you guys could help answer a few questions.

Should this build be kept low profile, until the SCR article is complete? Or should I give a public preview of coming attractions? In other words should it be kind of a surprise, or should it be generally known to the forum members that it is in the works? Should this be an SCR magazine only thing? Instead of a forum build thread that gets ported to the magazine? What are your thoughts?

Comment

• JWLaRue
      Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
      • Aug 1994

Some very good questions, for which some slightly biased answers.

I'd like to see the forum used to provide everyone (members and others) with a series of general status updates. The full details of your build would then be presented in the SCR for all members to read. My reasoning for this approach is to encourage interest in joining the SubCommittee....where they would have access to the SCRs and the wealth of information found inside.

-Jeff
      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• warpatroller
        • Feb 2006

Sounds good.. I think I will tie this in with a short film, starring the completed model, running in the water of course! With the action of a dual gas torpedo launch as the climax! I already think I've decided on a film title! Perhaps a few behind the scenes photos, from the making of the film, added to the SCR article..

I shall be an RC Submarine film auteur! As I will also score my own music, using my 1985 vintage Sequential Multi-Trak Analog Synthesizer, which fits the era of this boat kit perfectly. Additional inspiration will come from the John Carpenter (Lost Themes, Assualt on Precinct 13, Halloween, Escape From New York, etc.) concert, that I purchased a ticket for this coming June 19th, here in Phoenix. Yes, the film director, John Carpenter, is on tour! How cool is that! When it comes to synthesizer music, he is one of my heroes..

After sitting in its box for over two decades, this boat is going to plunge into open water and become a classic film star! These days, becoming a SubCommittee member can be kind of cool I've got grand plans, now I just need to start executing them..

Comment

• warpatroller
          • Feb 2006

The 32P project that I lavishly talked about above, has been postponed. I decided to work on my Broncos in a more humble fashion first.. Grand plans should really come after achieving smaller ones..

Comment

Working...
          X