• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

New Forum Software Launch Saturday, April 16th

Good day everyone!

I'm very happy to announce that after months of research and implementation, our partner for the upgrade is ready to implement the upgrade for our message boards.

This is going to be a big, messy procedure as we jump from version to version. Unfortunately, our forums have not been updated to the latest software versions in a very long time, which means that the work needed to get them up to par for today's world is quite extensive.

This rollout is planned for Saturday, April 16th. During this time, the forums will be down in maintenance mode and you will be unable to access them. Please be patient as we proceed through the upgrade process. Once we re-launch, we'll ask for your help in checking things over to identify any potential issues.

Thanks for your patience!

Bob Martin
    President - SubCommittee
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

As you can now see, the forum upgrades went through yesterday evening.

Feel free to poke around, get used to the new layout and features, and see what you can break. If you find anything at all that is out of place or broken, please post it up here so that we can flag the issues and address them.

Bob
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• sam reichart
      Past President
      • Feb 2003

Great job on the upgrade team! Poking around now to see what's changed and what's new.

weird..I just went to the new URL and it made me login again, even though I had checked "Remember me"...
      Last edited by sam reichart; 04-17-2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• thor
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2009

Will the new forum be directly linked from the current SC site, or will there be a permanent redirect?
        Last edited by thor; 04-17-2022, 05:28 PM.
        Regards,

Matt

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
          • Oct 2012

Thor, the main page of SubCommittee link takes you to the information about the new forum with links in the text.
          The link on the information page takes you to the forum page.
          You do not have to use the link in the text.
          I am sure this will be changed late after everyone gets to read the new forum info.

Comment

• thor
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2009

Yep! Got that, Ralph. Thanks.
            Regards,

Matt

Comment

• bob the builder
              Former SC President
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by sam reichart View Post
              weird..I just went to the new URL and it made me login again, even though I had checked "Remember me"...
              Hmmm... same thing happening with me (at least the last couple of times). Anyone else having this issue?

Bob

Comment

• wlambing
                SubCommittee Member
                • Feb 2003

Yes. It seems that "Remember Me" got blackout drunk last night!! It might be nice (certainly more helpful!) to put the login button and drop-down in a more conspicuous place. Or maybe highlight it in some way to make it more obvious. I found it by accident!

Comment

• crueby
                  • May 2015

I don't see any way to see recent posts in a side panel list anymore. The recent activity list shows the recently posted to threads, butthat just shows the first post in that thread. Can you get that feature back?

Comment

• subicman
                    SubCommittee Member
                    • Dec 2007

Trying to renew my dues, but the join us button redirects tot he forum redirect and the. To a broken link

Comment

• subicman
                      SubCommittee Member
                      • Dec 2007

To a broken link message* can't type on my phone.. big fingers, little buttons

Comment

• bob the builder
                        Former SC President
                        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by crueby View Post
                        I don't see any way to see recent posts in a side panel list anymore. The recent activity list shows the recently posted to threads, butthat just shows the first post in that thread. Can you get that feature back?
                        Try the "New Topics" button at the top. That shows you all of the threads that have new updates since you last logged in.

Bob

Comment

• bob the builder
                          Former SC President
                          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by wlambing View Post
                          Yes. It seems that "Remember Me" got blackout drunk last night!! It might be nice (certainly more helpful!) to put the login button and drop-down in a more conspicuous place. Or maybe highlight it in some way to make it more obvious. I found it by accident!
                          Looks like "Remember Me" is back up and running. I haven't had to log back in for a while now.

The Log In button at the top is about as conspicuous as it will be. Certainly we could take steps to make a huge LOG IN HERE button, but honestly, it's at the top of the page, first thing that gets loaded, in the place that all websites keep the log in links. Effort versus reward feels like we can tackle other things...

Bob

Comment

• crueby
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by bob the builder View Post

Try the "New Topics" button at the top. That shows you all of the threads that have new updates since you last logged in.

Bob
                            I see no such button. There is a New Activity tab, but that just shows the thread list. Old forum had a panel with recent posts, handy for a quick check for anything I'm interested in. Now it takes a lot of clicking around.

Comment

• bob_eissler
                              SubCommittee Member
                              • Aug 2005

Crueby, have you clicked on the forums and articles tab? Seems to work for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X