• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dono
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

Re: 2014 Sub Fun Run at Carmel Indiana

I also wanted to thank all who attended and contributed to this very successful Carmel Sub fun run. Many subs were in the water, and over 40 RC subs were in attendance. Rick brought his Very large Proteous this year and it ran perfectly, after he remembered to connect his port motor to the speed control. Maybe we can convince him to sell tickets for kiddie rides on this sub next year?

Special thanks go to Chris and the Indy admirals for all the on site planning and support, Don of Loyalhanna Dockyard for getting the event's shirts designed and purchased, Don May for handling registration and T Shirt sales, George (aki CI) for providing power for charging and providing a needed push to my Hawaii, Kevin for handling frequency control rules and missile shots from his Oscar, Bruce And Brenda for providing raffle support and butter tarts, Helen and Chris for organizing and implementing pizza on Sunday, and anyone else I forgot. Also many thanks to all who contributed to our successful raffle by providing raffle prizes and buying lots of tickets.

I also wanted to compliment Kevin for his well aimed misslile hit on John's SUV. I understand Kevin is going to commerate this successful kill by painting the Suv image on to the Oscar sail in the near future.

Congratulations to our Captain's Choice award winners! They were:
    First Place: Kevin McLeod and the Oscar
    2nd Place: Bruce Martin and the Seaview
    3nd Place: Pete Piekarski with the Ohio
    More to follow, thank again to all.

Comment

• spongjim
      • Feb 2005

Editing pictures this week ,bunch coming next week . We have around 1200 pictures plus some video of rocket launch . Huge success this year and looking forward to next years 2nd Annual Fun Run .

Jim

Comment

• bigdave
        • Feb 2003

Too much fun for a long weekend.
        This big guy is bushed.
        But happy happy happy .

Thanks to all who made it happen. BD.
        sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
        "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

• bruce martin
          • Sep 2009

Where else could you go and have that much FUN, it was a good drive down and a good drive back, with our 4 car convoy, we brought a new fellow with us ( Geff ) and he thoroughly enjoyed himself, and will have his boat ready for next year. It is always great to see all of the old friends and make new ones. Many Thanks to all of the people that came out to support this Fun Run. Also, again this year the people behind the scenes did another fantastic job many Thanks to them as well, can't wait to see more pictures.

Later Bruce

Comment

• dono
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2003

Here's some pics from the event:

Comment

• thor
              SubCommittee Member
              • Feb 2009

Well done, guys! I'm very pleased to see such good attendance. Onward to #2 next year!

Matt
              Regards,

Matt

Comment

• dono
                SubCommittee Member
                • Feb 2003

Some more pics from Mike Mamula:

Comment

• navy2000
                  • Jan 2007

In the last set of photos the third photo is that a Seawolf class that is converted to the USS Jimmy Carter. It looks a little long in the mid section. If so who is the person that owns that model. I am wanting to do the same and would like to see if he could give me some tips as to how he worked out the hull with the sonar arrays.

Thanks
                  Duane

Comment

• petn7
                    • Jun 2003

In the last set of photos the third photo is that a Seawolf class that is converted to the USS Jimmy Carter. It looks a little long in the mid section. If so who is the person that owns that model. I am wanting to do the same and would like to see if he could give me some tips as to how he worked out the hull with the sonar arrays.

Thanks
                    Duane
                    That might be Pete Piekarski's (sp?) Virginia class submarine, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• dono
                      SubCommittee Member
                      • Feb 2003

Yes it is Pete's Virginia boat. Pete has a water tight cylinder installed in the hull and it works flawlessly! Pete also did much more detail work on his hull and has a lot of documentation on the boat.

I also have one of Pete's Virginia hulls, but I installed the Engel Lafayette tech rack in mine. It took a lot of modification to the rack to get it to fit but it runs very well too. You can see my article in the SCR issue 95, page 48.

Comment

• dono
                        SubCommittee Member
                        • Feb 2003

There are still four 2XL shirts available for sale at $17 each.

Also there are still a number of the Torpedo plaques available at $3 each plus shipping.

Let me know if you are interested in either of these items.

That is all for now.

Comment

• dono
                          SubCommittee Member
                          • Feb 2003

Just wanted to clarify above details for buying remaining shirts and torpedo plaques.

Please contact Don Spielberger for paypal payments and shipping info.
                          Contact both Don and me when you place the order.
                          Both of us can be contacted via PM

Thanks.

Comment

• dono
                            SubCommittee Member
                            • Feb 2003

Here's the picture of the Torpedo plaques that are still available for $3 each.

Comment

Working...
                            X