X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • big jim
    • Feb 2006

Your welcome. I posted these

Your welcome. I posted these in another thread but they are relevant here. These are some photos where the flood openings can be seen]http://www.navsource.org/archives/08/0826512.jpg[/url]

Gus
    Gus,
    I haven't been able to get any of your navsourse links to work.
    Here is what shows up after clicking your link;

www.navsource.org Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0)

Is there another way to view the pictures?
    Jim

Comment

• goose814
      • Jul 2004

Yeah, I don't know why

Yeah, I don't know why they won't show up. Anyway, just go to the Navsource.org website, under submarines, and then to fleet submarines. The photos I listed are from the Peto, Pompon , and Rasher. Actually, I'll see if this works:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/g ... 826512.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/g ... 826909.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/g ... 826710.jpg

Gus

Comment

• big jim
        • Feb 2006

Thanks Goose, that worked.
        BTW,

Thanks Goose, that worked.
        BTW, I believe someone asked about Manitowoc building subs upside down. That is true and if I remember correctly they pioneered the process in order that their welders wouldn't have to weld looking up with their arms up in the air.

Comment

• wayne frey
          • Aug 2003

Ok folks,
          I tried the

Ok folks,
          I tried the flood hole plans today. I resized them and verified more than once I was on the one inch thing.
          I noted the plans showed the line where the aft section fits to the center section and used it as a start point, and went forward marking all the points. After two tries, I kept coming up with some holes on top of weld lines. I knew that was not right.
          Round three fixed the problem.
          I started at the front, and used the weld lines as reference points for each "square" created by the weld lines. As I went back, there were some minor adjustments,especially 2/3 back. But the plans are close enough, going that way, for it to come out right.
          I did confirm I was 100% one with more than one ruler. Strange.
          But I can do it in less than an hour now, Instead of 4 hours.
          Now it is marked tonight for cutting and filing tomorrow.

Comment

• gsgreene
            • Dec 2006

Where did Nautilus get info to create their flood patterns?

I am comparing the information presented in this thread with the flood vent patterns shown on Nautilus web site. From my research on the web, I can't find any better information on these patterns other than what has been presented here which is been based off of the ss-263. So I was wondering, where Nautilus derived their flood vent pattern.
            Does anyone know this info?

Comment

• ricknelson
              • Dec 2006

There are four different MBT

There are four different MBT arrangements for EB built Gato boats alone. BuShips Drawing #388509 (available from Floating Drydock, Bu-SS212-7) shows three of them; SS222-227 and 240-252 have one arrangement, SS253-260 another arrangement, and SS261-264 have a third arrangement. The arrangement for SS212-221 can be found on Docking Plan for the Growler, SS215, BuShips 463333 (FD # Bu-SS212-16). This drawing does NOT include the FBTs. It includes Negative Tank because it is in between MBTs 2AB and 2CD.

The drawings use the ship frames as references which I found to be an excellent method to locate them on the boat I'm building. I made up a frame tape measure to locate all of the frames.

This does not cover the PNSY, MINSY, and Manitowoc boats. I do not know what reference Nautilus used but I tried to use their templates and gave up. Docking Plans are the best source of information as they include ALL openings: MBTs, FBTs, Special Tanks, Seawater Intakes and Exhausts of the diesels and motors, and a number of other connections that penetrate the hull and therefore are interest to us hobbyists.

Comment

Thanks for posting the plan

Thanks for posting the plan numbers. I wasn't aware that three different arrangements were all on the same plan.

Order placed!

Robert

Comment

• ricknelson
                  • Dec 2006

You are welcome. Glad I

You are welcome. Glad I could help.

Comment

• ricknelson
                    • Dec 2006

Robert,

Just a reminder, the MBT

Robert,

Just a reminder, the MBT drawing is just that, MBTs only, no FBTs or Safety tank ports. Get the Docking Plan drawing for all of the openings.

Comment

Thanks, I did.

Thanks, I did.

Comment

Working...
                      X