X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KenHeindl
    • Jul 2017

Wanted: 32nd Parallel Type VIIC plans.

Anyone have a set of plans for this model they'll part with? I've searched everywhere for them but no luck. Thanks.......
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by KenHeindl View Post
    Anyone have a set of plans for this model they'll part with? I've searched everywhere for them but no luck. Thanks.......
    Someone else asked about this recently.. (Dave?) I found the book of instructions they sent with the model yesterday; I have the plans somewhere as well. I'll check again today for the plans themselves.

Comment

• lhdockyard1
      SubCommittee Member
      • Dec 2011

Sam
      If you or anybody else finds them and wants to send them here first I will scan them and then we will all have them for all eternity. I can then forward on to Ken. We have a new project here in that we are scanning the plans/instructions for all old kits (well the ones we can get our hands on) surface and submarine and building an archive. Contents of the archive would then be available to anybody that needed them.

don

Comment

• roberthusar
        • Oct 2004

I have the rolled plans in storage. Where do you want them sent to?

Comment

• KenHeindl
          • Jul 2017

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply. Let me know what I owe you and I'll send you my check. Email me at KennethHeindl@gmail.com. Many thanks!
          Ken Heindl

Comment

• salmon
            Treasurer
            • Jul 2011

Robert,

Are you responding to KenHeindl or lhdockyard1?

lhdockyard1, are the scanned files going to be offered for free? or will this be a paid service?

Peace,
            Tom
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• lhdockyard1
              SubCommittee Member
              • Dec 2011

The electronic version would be offered for free, a paper version would be offered for the cost of shipping

Comment

• salmon
                Treasurer
                • Jul 2011

I love your thinking! Something that is sorely needed.
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                  No one
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by lhdockyard1 View Post
                  The electronic version would be offered for free, a paper version would be offered for the cost of shipping
                  Originally posted by salmon View Post
                  I love your thinking! Something that is sorely needed.
                  Expanding on this.....

A new SC forum adding this and other items to create a "Virtual Electronic Library" for those who do have items to share. Give vendors like Loyalhanna thier own "sticky post" with a link, or similar.

I for instance have several 3D Items, both "eye candy" detail as well as functional items that I've made in the past several years and would love to share.

Such as this "faux" Anchor and well to dress up my Krick U25....

Click image for larger version

Name:	U25_Anchor-A_03_TinkerCad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	134651
                  v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                  NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                  USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• sam reichart
                    Past President
                    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by QuarterMaster View Post
                    Expanding on this.....

A new SC forum adding this and other items to create a "Virtual Electronic Library" for those who do have items to share. Give vendors like Loyalhanna thier own "sticky post" with a link, or similar.

I for instance have several 3D Items, both "eye candy" detail as well as functional items that I've made in the past several years and would love to share.

Such as this "faux" Anchor and well to dress up my Krick U25....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9059[/ATTACH]
                    I like it, Ed! I think the 3D explosion makes this a great idea. EC? Whatcha think?

Comment

• salmon
                      Treasurer
                      • Jul 2011

I was with this idea for a long time! We need to move forward. We should have a library, a file section, and ask lhdockyard has proposed a section for manuals, instructions, and plans.

Comment

• scott t
                        • Feb 2003

So what about being able to save pdf files?

Comment

• lhdockyard1
                          SubCommittee Member
                          • Dec 2011

To further this along, a parallel action we have had underway for a few months now is to scan old model boating magazines. I have probably 500 stacked up to scan, so far have scanned about 50. The idea is to make those scans available to anybody that is interested. They cover Model Boats, Marine Modelling International, Fine Scale Modeler, Scale Ship Modeler and ships in scale plus other odd ball magazines. Many going back to the 70's and 80's. If you want to set up some sort of section for this and then give me my own subsection I would be happy to load what we have for magazines and kit instructions/drawings and keep updating as new scans are prepared.

Don

Comment

• sam reichart
                            Past President
                            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by salmon View Post
                            I was with this idea for a long time! We need to move forward. We should have a library, a file section, and ask lhdockyard has proposed a section for manuals, instructions, and plans.
                            What do we need to do to make it happen?

Comment

• thor
                              SubCommittee Member
                              • Feb 2009

Don,

I have nearly every fine scale modeler magazine dating back to the mid 1980s. I'd be glad to contribute if they are returned after scanning. In addition, I have hundreds of large format drawings of scale Submarine plans that I'd be more than happy to lend for scanning.
                              Regards,

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X