Of Ice and Steel - The best fiction sub novel ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well....Tim?

Steve

Well....Tim?

Steve

Comment

• tmsmalley
      SubCommittee Member
      • Feb 2003

I finished it a couple

I finished it a couple of weeks ago (and passed it along to my boss who also likes submarine books. )

I must say, this was perhaps the best submarine novel I have ever read. This is no BS - I'm not trying to butter up the author or whatever. I sincerely hope it comes to the attention of a major publisher so the book can get the publicity it deserves.

Thanks for the thrills Don - now get that next book done!!!

Comment

Tim. thanks. I agree on

Tim. thanks. I agree on all counts. The publisher is going to drop the book or not make anymore I've heard. Lack of interest and low sales.

I blame it all on the publisher for not doing their job. Don and I have been doing it for them and we shouldn't have too. They have failed to promote this book properly. In fact they haven't at all.

Movie is still looking good though. We are hard at it. New trailer coming soon. Some famous people are reading the book and taking a hard look at the project.

Christian Moore of Moore films meets with me tomorrow. That's 007's son.

I won't give up and Don does need a new publisher.

Glad you liked it Tim. It means a lot to me and Don.

When only 3 % of the population listens to Classical music, and the best sellers are books about terrorism it's darn hard to sell a good book to a bunch of dummies.

Be sure to post in don's forum on SP what you thought. It would mean a lot to him Tim!

steve

Comment

• torpedochief
          • Sep 2006

Thanks for the kind words

Thanks for the kind words Tim.
          Don

Comment

• wayne frey
            • Aug 2003

I missed last year by

I missed last year by days getting a copy of Don's book before I left for the Ukraine. Only now did I finally get a copy yesterday. By lunch today I am 200 pages into it.
            I go on record saying this is the best fiction submarine book I have read since the Hunt for Red October before it became a movie.
            I hope this does make a movie. It has a lot of Russian submarine action and some things I did not expect. Technically great and well written so far.
            Ok, I consider Don a friend of mine,but I am not just saying this to promote a book. It is a great read.
            Get one!

Comment

• wayne frey
              • Aug 2003

Finished it. Best book of

Finished it. Best book of submarine fiction since I read the Hunt for Red October!

Comment

Working...
              X