X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninjrk
    • Nov 2003

Besides, a 1/71 Type XXi

Besides, a 1/71 Type XXi would finally get me off my butt and do a 1/72 I-201 Sen Taka to go with it.

Matt

Comment

• turbobearcat
      • Apr 2003

I-201?

What kind of sub, do

I-201?

What kind of sub, do you have any pictures and was this one of the massive sub-Aircraftcarriers that the Japanese made during WWII?

Mark

Comment

• ninjrk
        • Nov 2003

I-201?

What kind of sub, do

I-201?

What kind of sub, do you have any pictures and was this one of the massive sub-Aircraftcarriers that the Japanese made during WWII?

Mark
        http://groups.msn.com/Mattsmodelstuffandreference/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=4

It's kind of been my holy grail and I'm amassed a small amount of documentation, enough to do an OK model and imagineer some of the details.

It's the Japanese counterpart to the Type XXI, designed for long periods of submerged patrol, AA weapons revolving below the deck, etc.

Matt

Comment

I have followed this post

I have followed this post from day one, and would like to add that a Gato of a similar size as the type VII kit would be very nice. The fleetboats were beautiful and graceful ships, and would make very good looking R/C models. Does anyone know of any hulls about 3-4 feet LOA of Gato boats available at this time?
          BTW, I hope that Horridoh is back on his medication. Maybe he can learn how to spell, and the basics of English grammer and syntax during his time away from this forum.

Comment

• bigdave
            • Feb 2003

Hi Chuck,
            I believe Scale

Hi Chuck,
            I believe Scale Shipyard makes one that size. My cousin has one. Nice hull! Dave.
            sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
            "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

Big Dave, thanks for the

Big Dave, thanks for the tip. I looked up the Gato's on the Scale Shiyard web site. Yeow! that is a very high aspect hull. Very long and skinney. It should go like a rocket, but does'nt have much room to cram a WTC and asociated gear into it.

Comment

Working...
              X