X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turbobearcat
    • Apr 2003

Revell of Germany return letter to me - IX-C and XXI Uboats

I wrote Revell Of Germany a letter last night and was suprissed to see a reply already! I basically asked if they had plans on building a follow up on the VII Uboat.. here is the long winded answer I got.
    Dear Mr. Hampton,
    thank you very much for your e-mail and your interest in our products.

Your product proposals and comments are collected and then checked for their marketability. Due to the large number of comments and letters we receive, it is not possible to include all the products proposed. The selection of new models is based on a variety of criteria, including of course market analyses. We do our best to offer a comprehensive range covering various themes.

Nevertheless we thank you very much for your suggestions and we will include them into our proposal list for the coming years.

Regards,
    S. Haller

Now we are a global Club..so People start writing them to convince them to BUILD the IX-C and the XXI Uboats in 1/72 scale.

Mark
  • mkeatingss
    • Nov 2003

Sorry, Mark, but I have

[color=#000000]Sorry, Mark, but I have to disagree. I want a Gato/Balao/Tench Guppy, in 1]

Comment

• turbobearcat
      • Apr 2003

I rather have the XXI

I rather have the XXI any day but you are right about the Gato class, nice boat but compared to the sleak lines of the XXI, I'll buy it!

but as Shakespear said " To each Thine own"

Mark

Comment

• torsten
        • Jun 2003

I met a friend of

I met a friend of mine in Hamburg last week.
        He's a retailer and told me that next year Revell is going to
        put out variations of the VIIc.
        There will be other turrets to create different versions.
        What is also planned is another surface-ship to match the VIIc.
        Don't know about other subs so far.....but i cross my fingers

Torsten

Comment

• turbobearcat
          • Apr 2003

When you say "Surfaceship" could

When you say "Surfaceship" could be possible mean a Bismarck or Scharnhorst? If they build a 1/350 scale Scharnhorst I'm buying it! but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the XXI or even a XXIII boat!

Mark

Comment

• "horridoh"

It has been a long

[color=#008080]It has been a long time since i have wrote - "anything" _ down in this {forum} ........Largly in part as i see some people---seem to think of "one type of diving torpedo.....boat,"and one type---at all!!! You know I've been on board American Submarines of WWII, and let me say that for the record]

Comment

• mkeatingss
              • Nov 2003

I agree with Mark, the

I agree with Mark, the Type XXIs were beautiful, sleek looking boats. Which is one of the reasons I'd like a Guppy. The Guppies were modifications made, based on the Type XXI boats.
              But I have two more reasons to prefer the Guppy. First, those are the boats I qualified and served one. And, secondly, in 1]http://www.subcommittee.com/forum/icon_lol.gif[/img]
              Mike

Comment

• "horridoh"

]

[color=#008080]]

Comment

• turbobearcat
                  • Apr 2003

I think revell would build

I think revell would build a 1/350 scale of the Scharnhorst, they have a smaller 1/570 scale already but yet this was a very well build warship back in WWII and it fought very bravely until the bitter end. People do speak of the German boats and the American boats, either if fine but I will add something to say about the different boats. I too have been on the Gato class sub compared to a IX class Uboat, both had their spaces being the Gato larger and faster but they fought under different conditions in the war.
                  If you pull the stats on the US Sub fleet, we lost 52 subs out of 288 in the war, the Japanese were not known for the AntiSubmarine warfare, their depth charges were set too shallow most of the time and we had a field day sinking their ships.
                  Now the Germans had more subs 1158 built but over 400 were lost in Action (figures come from Uboat.net and the US Navy dept) The germans enjoyed the early part of the war since there was no Antisub forces around but when the Brits and the US began the hunting, the rules of the game was changed.
                  If the US had met an enemy that was more advanced then the Japs at the imte, our losses would have been much higher!
                  So I'm not knocking anybodys boats. People like what they like, in my case I think the XXI boats were the best of WWII followed by the Gato class US , IX class and then the Jap I-Class fleet subs.

Mark

P.S.

Revell builds 1/350 scale battleships..I'm hoping for a Sharnhorst class battlecruiser, the one I have is only 1/400 scale and is fully RC controlled..

Comment

• mkeatingss
                    • Nov 2003

I like the idea of

I like the idea of a 1]http://www.subcommittee.com/forum/icon_lol.gif[/img]
                    Mike

Comment

• "horridoh"

]

[color=#008080]]

Comment

• JWLaRue
                        Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
                        • Aug 1994

The idea that the U.S.

The idea that the U.S. fleetboats were built primarily with 'creature comforts' (principally a/c) in mind is a fallacy that keeps on reoccuring. These boats were built with such things as air conditioning in order to keep the electronics from overheating...not the crew. The crew's added comfort was a beneficial by-product.

-Jeff
                        Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• "horridoh"

]http://www.subcommittee.com/forum/icon_razz.gif And another thing before

]http://www.subcommittee.com/forum/icon_razz.gif[/img] And another thing before I go, we had shower rooms on board! Think what you will,on just that matter alone.Should I add latter-more? I will.

Comment

• turbobearcat
                            • Apr 2003

I'm not sure where that

I'm not sure where that other guy crawled from but he is so far out of line it's horrible. First off this post was about my letter to Revell of Germany and if they are thinking about following up with say a type IX or XXI Uboat or possible a 1/350 scale of the Scharnhorst, but somehow somebody takes things out of context and runs with the following
                            1. a 1/72 scale Scharnhorst? Heck my wife would kill me if I came into the house with something that big if the words" Here is the keys to your new sportscar, it's the garage"
                            2. It is a KNOWN fact that if the US has to fight against a strogner foe in WWII than the Japs in the pacific our losses would have been FAR GREATER . The Japanese were geared to more of Surface conflicts, using subs for more of intelligence gathering, sometimes those captains were lucky and scored nice hits like the USS Hornet a destroyer sitting behind it and the USS Carolina. Take it the German boats were smaller than the American boats so they would be cramped, this all changed when the XXI came into the game, abit late in the war or else we might have been speaking alot of German about right now.
                            to say that because we are the only ones standing inthe end is Pompus in thinking and this is the very same Attitude that the world hates us for now. The bottom line which is known had the roles been reversed,the Germans would have fared better in the Pacific fighting the Japanese and we would have had more losses in the Atlantic Ocean fighting say the Brittish.
                            But I must throw in one note, Who gave the Britts their gear?
                            WE DID... but let's just say if they had the Technology we had, we would have suffered the same losses as the Germans.

Mark

Comment

• turbobearcat
                              • Apr 2003

A 1/350 scale Sharnhorst is

A 1/350 scale Sharnhorst is on my wish list, that would be about 28 inches long I think beats my 1/400 scale RC boat I have now.

Mark

can we just start a WISH LIST instead of the flaming? hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X