X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jim smith
    • Dec 2006

Seaview

I picked up a Seaview kit last weekend and would like to ask to see some of our members and how they set up the running systems.
  • redboat219
    • Jan 2005

Moebius kit?

There use to be fitting kits for this model, one by David Merriman that used 2 separate pumpjets, one in each nacelle. The other one was by David Welch, which used a single pumpjet with split outflow pipes. Both are out of production, David M ceased production due to lack of demand and David W passed away years ago.

Also, with David M's set up you need to make a longitudinal cut along the hull to facilitate placing the subdriver. With David W he used the existing vertical hull separation.

Comment

• chips
      • Feb 2003

I used one of the Merriman conversion kits and cylinder. I may have the Merriman conversion CD's in my shop, I'll check for them after the sun comes up. Merriman's conversion kit used two stator units that are a friction fit in the nacelles. I broke one of the Merriam dog bone ends for the stator and haven't made a repair. Merriman linked the bow planes and stern planes with long pushrods for pitch control. The sail planes are on a separate servo to control depth.
      Attached Files

Comment

• jim smith
        • Dec 2006

Thanks that would be great help to see the CD's. Can you post some pictures of your sub and it's internals?

Comment

• chips
          • Feb 2003

I found the SEAVIEW CD's. I use a 2-56 x1/4" stainless steel screw to hold the stern deck down. The forward hook was one of the Merriman conversion kit pieces. The sail planes have a magnetic control arm. The sail planes pushrod runs under the missile deck. The bow plane pushrods run under the observation deck.
          Attached Files

Comment

• chips
            • Feb 2003

Some more photos. A piece of notched brass holds the FLYING SUB bottom door on. The bow plane arms are accessed from the open bay. A brass rod is glued to the FLYING SUB bay door to hold it in place. The stern planes are linked to the bow planes. The rudder arm is connected to the center rudder; and a tie rod connects all three rudders.
            Attached Files

Comment

• chips
              • Feb 2003

Here's the last couple of photos. The stern planes are connected with a piece of square brass tubing. The two blade props are fitted into cast resin stators. The hull is split along the lower edge of the missile deck; it springs open to slip the WTC into place.
              Attached Files

Comment

• redboat219
                • Jan 2005

Bob Martin of Nautilus Drydocks did an RC conversion using the vertical split. https://youtu.be/hpBg2V1FGU4

Comment

• jim smith
                  • Dec 2006

Thanks for the pictures I did see Bob's using a pump jet set up. I was thinking on the line of the system they use on a jet ski

Comment

Working...
                  X