X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noney
    • Jul 2008

Well, my son has taken

Well, my son has taken all the preliminary Navy tests and did very well. He is scheduled to go up to Portland and take the main battery of tests for enlistment, but in the meantime the recruiters are throwing all sorts of suggestions etc at him. They have told him that the nuclear energy field is flooded with recruits and he should look at other "opportunities". It appears he will qualify for just about anything the Navy has to offer. He is very excited and I have cautioned him about jumping too fast, but some other issues have arisen which reduces the time he has to make a decision. Perhaps you guys can help. One of the main "wants" he has is to see the world. How feasable is this in the submarine service, and if not much, do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Gene

Comment

• n1lul
      • Sep 2008

If he said that if

If he said that if he does not get a nuclear billet he will not enlist, they would find him a slot real quick.

Other good options: Advanced Electronics Field, better working conditions than Nukes

Sonar Tech, cool job

Anything having to do with intelligence

If he wants to "see the world" I think his best bet would be on a target. I went to some ports on my fast boat, but not nearly as many as the carriers and other ships did. That was a while ago, things may be different now.

Ray

Comment

Working...
      X