• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe D
    SubCommittee Member
    • Oct 2017

Converting Multiplex Evo

I have a few Multiplex Royal Evo 72 mHz transmitters. Does anybody know of anyone who is converting these radios from 72 Mhz to 75 Mhz?
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

I am not sure. At one point Radio South was the go to guy, but I think now he needs the crystals in 75MHz with the radio. Can someone fact check me?
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Joe D
      SubCommittee Member
      • Oct 2017

Thank You. I sent Radio South an email inquiry. I will post his reply.

Comment

• Joe D
        SubCommittee Member
        • Oct 2017

Here is the reply from Radio South

No, sorry. I don't have schematics or components to do that work.

Tony Stillman, President
        Radio South, Inc.
        PO Box 512
        Morristown, IN 46161
        912-242-2426
        www.radiosouthrc.com​

Comment

• cheapsub
          • Feb 2011

Nice transmitter.
          What about in 2.4GHz?
          If it works on 2.4GHz, it may able to shoe horn a 75MHz futaba/hitec module from the trainer port.

https://thebreizmaker.wordpress.com/...-2-4ghz-frsky/

I knew Flysky don't make the DIY module anymore, but it could replace with a lamon RF module, Same wiring.

Multiplex receive is another story, install a 75MHz crystal, it change shift. Replace it with futaba or hitec.
          Added, Novak module 50/50.
          Last edited by cheapsub; 02-14-2023, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• cheapsub
            • Feb 2011

Another one

The way he did it, you could substitute a retune futaba module.

Comment

• Joe D
              SubCommittee Member
              • Oct 2017

Thanks but 24GHz won’t work of subs,

Comment

• salmon
                Treasurer
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Joe D View Post
                Thanks but 24GHz won’t work of subs,
                No so fast mighty Joe, 2.4GHz is used in many subs………I know what you are thinking (which is amazing considering I do not know what I am thinking most of the time) you can’t dive below the surface with 2.4GHz and you wouldn’t be wrong. Most of the time we run at periscope depth and with that little bit above water, an antenna can be used in there and run 2.4GHz. The veep of Subcommittee has been using 2.4GHz for years and enjoys great times in the ponds. So, do not be too quick to poo-poo this higher frequency. You have been around long enough to shape your own thoughts and I do not want to trample them. I do want others not familiar with the hobby to give up or not try it because they do not have a lower frequency to use.
                All that said, I run on 75MHz because I do like to dive deeper and I run in some clear water.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	5E7BD4ED-70BC-446E-8CC5-3321710670D8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	221.3 KB ID:	149831
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• cheapsub
                  • Feb 2011

2.4GHz, rx long antenna extension.
                  433 MHz better, want to try?

Not too many (no) flyboys use 72MHz any way, could use it for "testing only"

Old post of mine, the idea is get the ppm signal to the rf module input, and hook up the antenna.

Use the trainer port to add, a 75MHz, 27MHz and 433 MHz module.

The out Put of the ppm is 3.3v, Novak module should works.

Is very hard to find a futaba/hitec 75MHz module, I just used a 72MHz module replace the crystal be done with it.
                  if you want to try, I have some spare module and tx/rx 75 crystal set. Let me know.

Comment

• Joe D
                    SubCommittee Member
                    • Oct 2017

I am not trying to poopoo on 2.4GHz use in subs. I also like to dive deeper in clear water. I have Engles Subs. I really love my Royal Evo Transmitters. Not sure I follow the link you posted. I am not that versed in electronics but thank you for you input. Much appreciated.

Comment

• cheapsub
                      • Feb 2011

Sorry, info didn't help.
                      DIY stuff not everyone cup of tea.

You could Try to post it in RC groups see anyone can do the change for you.
                      Discussion of RC transmitters, receivers, programming of computer radio, etc.

Only out of the box stuff, is a make only for evo 2.4GHz kit.

Comment

• Joe D
                        SubCommittee Member
                        • Oct 2017

Thank you for your help. It is appreciated. I have been on rcgroups.

Comment

• wingtip
                          SubCommittee Member
                          • Dec 2004

I did try to get radio south to convert mine at first to be "legal" but they cant convert all radios. I have been using my futaba 14mz on 72 for a while now at several events and its been a non issue. not only do i have a 72 module for the tx, i also have a 2.4 module as well if i ever wanted to go that route but i don't plan to. so i can continue to use my plethora of 72 pcm receivers i have laying around. I tried years ago to get the ama to allow 72 for subs since no aircraft radios sold in the last decade or more are on 72. This would bring life back to shelved 72mhz radios with lots of cool features and extra channels. They werent keen on it but more and more people are doing it anyways just out of necessity.

Comment

• Joe D
                            SubCommittee Member
                            • Oct 2017

I also have quite a few 72mHz radios that I will continue to use. Not much choice. Thanks too all for your feedback.

Comment

Working...
                            X