• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • submetrologist
    SubCommittee Member
    • Jul 2012

Vex Transmitter Ratchet Conversion

I recently converted the left stick on my Vex Transmitter to a ratchet from spring loaded. It is extremely easy. After removing the back of the transmitter (be careful, there are wires attached to the inside of the transmitter back for channel 5 and 6 buttons) remove the two springs and the lever they are attached to. I used Futaba Throttle Ratchet part number P-RT1545 for the conversion. The ratchet spline and mounting hole for the ratchet plate are already on the gimbal.
    The Futaba ratchet kit is not easy to find. I purchased a couple from Sussex Model Cener in the UK. Since it was such a small package the shipping cost was not extreme.
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Thanks for this post. One of the things I realized after I acquired this radio was that the throttle has that center return.

Comment

• secrtwpn1
      SubCommittee Member
      • Feb 2003

I've been trying to figure out how to do this!

Comment

• secrtwpn1
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2003

How about some photos.....

Comment

• submetrologist
          SubCommittee Member
          • Jul 2012

I can will post some photos. I just dislike taking out the 9 screws that hold the back on. Also I lubricated the ratchet with some Futaba servo gear grease.

Comment

• submetrologist
            SubCommittee Member
            • Jul 2012

I have attached five photos. There is a photo of the left gimbal after conversion. In the photo of the right gimbal, you can see the ratchet spline on the left. Just above the spline is a round post and a post with a slot. You can actually put the Futaba parts on either gimbal. I have also attached a photo of the parts removed and the lubricant used.

Comment

• sam reichart
              Past President
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by submetrologist View Post
              I have attached five photos. There is a photo of the left gimbal after conversion. In the photo of the right gimbal, you can see the ratchet spline on the left. Just above the spline is a round post and a post with a slot. You can actually put the Futaba parts on either gimbal. I have also attached a photo of the parts removed and the lubricant used.
              awesome. shows it very well. thanks.

Comment

• submetrologist
                SubCommittee Member
                • Jul 2012

Futaba Servo Lubricant came from Amain Hobbies

Comment

Working...
                X