• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thor
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2009

SSN21 Seawolf Photo

I need your help!

In 1997 there was a photo published of the SSN21 out of the water on the hard, full elevation photo of the Port side, full hull with the propulsor shrouded. Does anyone have this photo in their archives? The hard drive on my PC crashed taking all of my archived photos with it.
    Regards,

Matt
  • bigdave
    • Feb 2003

Well Matt I will check.
    But if I do have it and I gave it to you. I would have to shoot you. BD
    sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
    "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

• JWLaRue
      Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
      • Aug 1994

Matt,

Perhaps one of these is what you are looking for?

-Jeff
      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• thor
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2009

Jeff,

Thanks , but nope. It was a photo that was dead on perpendicular to the boat amidships. Perfect for scaling......

If you haven't guessed it, I am working up the final details for an all new SSN21 kit. The hull is done. I am working up the appendage 3D models to 3D print in PLA for final molding.

I am going back to the original impeller design that performed so well. Since we don't have the Regatta on the base any more, I don't have to worry about getting harassed by base security. If you remember they had a coronary on base when Merriman and I pulled the SSN21 out of its crate. They asked us to put it away or cover the boat up so it could not be viewed. They were not happy!!! after that incident I changed the impeller to a 'non-scale' version which performed like crap. The original impeller drove that boat with a stock WTC 3.00 so fast that it was the fastest 1/96th boat I had ever driven, including the 1/96th Skipjack. The SSN21 is a rocket with that original design from 1996, so we are going back to that!
        Last edited by thor; 11-30-2016, 04:12 PM.
        Regards,

Matt

Comment

• JWLaRue
          Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
          • Aug 1994

....not exactly what you are looking for, but how about a similar photo of the USS Connecticut with the propulsor not shrouded? It's not exactly taken amidships and at right angles to the centerline of the boat, but it's very close.

-Jeff
          Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• thor
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2009

That's close enough. That will work. Thanks, Jeff!!!
            Regards,

Matt

Comment

Working...
            X