• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

Welcome to the NEW SubCommittee!

Good day, everyone!

I know it may seem like your new Executive Team hasn't done much but lurk in the weeds, but please rest assured that we have been hard at work delving into the world of the SubCommittee and beginning to lay the foundation for a stronger, more exciting organization.

Part of our promise to you, our members, is transparency in regard to what we're doing, how we're doing it, and where we are with our initiatives. To that end, we will be holding regular, open video meetings that are open to the public to view. While we need to keep audio turned off for attendees (otherwise we'd never get any scheduled business done), you will be able to type comments that we may be able to address in real time. I'll post up the meeting link here once we get closer to the date of our first meeting, which will be April 10th, 2021.

On behalf of myself, Ed and Tom, I'd like to assure you that we are excited about the challenge of growing our organization and bringing more value and excitement to you, our members. You can reach any of us at any time at our SubCommittee email addresses with comments, suggestions and feedback:

Bob Martin: president@subcommittee.com
    Ed Tordahl: vicepresident@subcommittee.com
    Tom Chalfant: treasurer@subcommittee.com

Thanks for taking the time to read this update. Please share it with your friends!

Bob Martin
    President - SubCommittee
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com
  • Sonar
    • Jul 2017

Very good! We have had online meetings at Sonar for months, it is a very special pleasure to see the guys and to exchange ideas with them. I am happy to be there!

Comment

• ccontrol
      SubCommittee Member
      • Mar 2012

Great idea!

Comment

• bob the builder
        Former SC President
        • Feb 2003

Here is the meeting information for the upcoming SC Executive Team meeting on April 10th. To join, simply click on the link. If you don't have video capabilities, you can also join by telephone using the phone numbers listed below:

Bob Martin, SubCommittee President, is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: SubCommittee Executive Meeting
        Time: Apr 10, 2021 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
        Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.

Meeting ID: 963 3006 5774
        Passcode: 301856
        One tap mobile
        +13126266799,,96330065774#,,,,*301856# US (Chicago)
        +16465588656,,96330065774#,,,,*301856# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        Meeting ID: 963 3006 5774
        Passcode: 301856
        Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aks7zXBnJ

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Bob
        The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• QuarterMaster
          No one
          • Jul 2003

I want to HIGHLY suggest SC Members and interested parties attend.

This is YOUR SubCommittee, what will happen going forward WILL be based on YOUR input, or worse yet, LACK OF IT.

Not attending a ZOOM meet due to "I don't know how!" is no excuse after a year of lockdown. Welcome to 2021.

No complaining if you didn't attend and the SC morphs in a way you don't agree with.
          v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
          NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
          USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• bob the builder
            Former SC President
            • Feb 2003

Meeting is live! Come join the discussion!

Bob

Comment

• eckloss
              SubCommittee Member
              • Nov 2003

Was the meeting recorded? I had duties that kept me from joining on time...

Comment

• salmon
                Treasurer
                • Jul 2011

Yes it was recorded! Bob will post a link when he has it ready.
                Peace,
                Tom
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                  No one
                  • Jul 2003

It will be going up at the SC YouTube page, which is currently being revised.

Rig for angles and dangles....a lot more to come!!
                  v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                  NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                  USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• bob the builder
                    Former SC President
                    • Feb 2003

Well, in typical fashion, I've had issues getting access to the SubCommittee's YouTube channel due to the fact that the recovery password is tied to a personal email address of past team members. I'm working through the issue now, but in the effort of ensuring timely posting I temporarily put it up on my personal channel. Once I get access to the proper SC channel, it will go up there permanently.

Due to technical issues with Zoom, which have been rectified for future meetings, some of you may have had problems getting logged in. For that I apologize and hope that the hiccup won't put you off from attending future meetings.

Here is the link to the recorded meeting. As always, Ed, Tom and I welcome feedback and comments. Please email us any time at:

president@subcommittee.com
                    vicepresident@subcommittee.com
                    treasurer@subcommittee.com

Thanks, everyone! Remember, this is YOUR organization. We need your input in order to make it the best that it can be.

Click here to view the recorded meeting:

Comment

• bob the builder
                      Former SC President
                      • Feb 2003

For those of you that couldn't make it, we had talking points about the focus areas for 2021. Here is how it looks:

2021 Goals: Lay the Foundation

Get our house in order. Build platforms for success.
                      Take stock of where we’re at and where we need to be.

Primary Opportunities:
                      • Update our web presence by focusing resources on the forums and website
                      • Build a robust membership CRM. Establish foundation for local networking opportunities
                      • Build value in membership. What do we offer? What can we offer?
                      • Provide resources and best-practices for our global SUBRON communities
                      • Network with other global submarine organizations, museums, modeling clubs, submarine vet organizations, etc.
                      • Promote pride in community through SWAG!
                      • Evaluate future of SCR
                      • Expand resources for all aspects of submarine hobbies, including RC modeling, Static modeling, Submarine history, Research resources and memorabilia
                      • Build a more robust social media presence, particularly videos
                      • Promote participation via friendly competition

Work on upgrading the forums from the existing version (which is about 4 years out of date) to the most current version is underway, but will be a significant undertaking in order to preserve content.
                      Likewise, work on the new SubCommittee website has commenced, which will integrate a much easier process for membership signup and renewal with multiple payment options. It will also have dynamic events calendars, vendor lists and much more!

Exciting changes coming!

Stay tuned for more.

Bob Martin
                      President - Subcommittee

Comment

Working...
                      X