• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

How to Join the SubCommittee or Renew Your Membership

Folks,

Whether you are a current member or have just decided to join now, you can sign up or renew your membership using our safe and secure online registration.

Payment of $10 annual dues includes four full-color, downloadable issues of The SubCommittee Report for the full membership year and as well as full use of the member-only features on the SubCommittee.com web site.

Payment is made through PayPal and gets you immediate access. Please note that membership starts upon your PayPal payment via the "Paid Subscriptions" feature of this forum and runs for a full 12 months. We no longer need to align memberships with the calendar year.

You can view the current status of your membership subscription by going to the "Subscriptions" option:

• Look below the banner ad, in that lighter blue strip area.
    • To the right of “Forums” and “What’s New?” you will see “Subscriptions”
    • Select “Subscriptions”
    • If you have a current membership/subscription, the start and expiration dates will be displayed.
    • To start or renew a subscription, use the pull-down to pick the $10/yr option. It’s also currently the only option. 
    • Then select the “Order” button.
    • You will then be presented with the subscription information.
    • Select the “Order Using PayPal” and do the usual PayPal thing.
    • Upon completion, your forum account will automatically be changed to “SubCommittee Member”

/s/ the SubCommittee team
    Last edited by JWLaRue; 12-20-2018, 01:25 PM. Reason: Updated annual membership/subscription amount.
    Rohr 1.....Los!
  • sgtmac1
    SubCommittee Member
    • Oct 2014

Do we receive a renewal notice to pay our dues? I was wondering when mine was about to run out...

Comment

• JWLaRue
      • Aug 1994

The new forum software is configured to send a reminder when you are getting close to a renewal. To see the status of your current membership, called a 'subscription' on this new forum software, click on the 'subscriptions' link in the upper left-hand corner of the forum screen. (just below the sub graphic and the words "The SubCommittee". It will show you when you last paid your dues and when it will expire.

Since we are no longer tied to a specific membership calendar year starting January 1st and ending December 31st, everyone's start/end dates will likely vary.

-Jeff
      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• wingtip
        SubCommittee Member
        • Dec 2004

Hey jeff... can you tell me why i was billed twice this month for renewal? I emailed the contact given in paypal for the subscription but have not heard back... Thanks

Comment

• JWLaRue
          • Aug 1994

Hi Dave,

There isn't any obvious reason that I can see when I looked at your account. You only have a single subscription (membership) associated with your account. But I do see that you are good until some time in 2023!

If you can send me the PayPal notifications, I'll work with Jim to see what's up. (I'll send you my e-mail in a PM)

-Jeff
          Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• subdude
            Official Peon
            • Feb 2003

Dave,

Apparently you set up a recurring payment plan to pay annual dues on Jan 29, 2016.

When it was time for the automatic renewal to occur in 2017, you manually set up a second recurring payment plan on Jan 27, 2017.

Thus, you have had 2 recurring payment plans running since then. I've killed the 2017 payment plan in Paypal, and refunded your overpayment for this year.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for your support of The SubCommittee!

Jim
            SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• JWLaRue
              • Aug 1994

Ahhh...thanks, Jim! You must have done that before I took a look at the account.

-Jeff
              Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• roedj
                SubCommittee Member
                • Apr 2008

Is there a way to see if I have set up a recurring auto re-up PayPal plan?

Dan

Comment

• JWLaRue
                  • Aug 1994

Hi Dan,

You should be able to see that information by going to the "subscriptions" link that is located at the top of the page and beneath the SubCommittee sub graphic and banner ad.....it's to the right of the "forum" and "what's new" links.

-Jeff
                  Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• wingtip
                    SubCommittee Member
                    • Dec 2004

Thanks guys!

Comment

• salmon
                      Treasurer
                      • Jul 2011

I guess my question is "How do you know if you are reoccurring subscription or just an annual?"
                      Mine expires in Feb. 15th so I have a little time to figure it out
                      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• chips
                        • Feb 2003

If you follow Jeff's instruction for checking the "Subscriptions" tab, the first box is "Active Subscription", with another box listing "Available Subscriptions" options. My Active Subscription box says "Subcommittee Membership".

The "Available Subscriptions" says "Subcommittee Membership - Full year membership in the SubCommittee with annual recurring renewal. Requires PayPal account."
                        The second option is "Single year membership. Must be manually renewed every 12 months. Does not require PayPal account for payment."

Comment

• JWLaRue
                          • Aug 1994

...there you go! (or you can ask me. )

-Jeff
                          Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• salmon
                            Treasurer
                            • Jul 2011

So mine says SubCommittee Membership, I will take it means mine is reoccurring. Thank you for helping this simpleton.
                            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• JWLaRue
                              • Aug 1994

Tom,

Correct! (that is, that you have the reoccurring/auto-renewing membership)

-Jeff
                              Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Working...
                              X