• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

Welcome to the New SubCommittee.com!

Good morning, all!

Well, after an event-filled few days, and with the help of our IT friend, Richard, we finally managed to get the new website launched! Feel free to head over and check it out. No doubt there will be bugs and things we missed in there, but for the most part, we're up and running.

If you have comments or suggestions, feel free to post them here. And please, remember that this is the result of hundreds of hours of work on behalf of your executive team. The site was designed and implemented in house to save time and money. We're not professionals, just passionate submarine people. Go easy on us!

Bob Martin
    President - SubCommittee

What Do I Do Now?

The new site is launched, but before you can enjoy all the benefits, you've got some homework to do!
    1. Go to the site at www.subcommittee.com
    2. Click "log in" at the top right corner of the page, then select "log in with email".
    3. Click on "forgot password" (we know you didn't forget it, but just go with me on this)
    4. Enter your email address (it's the same one you use on the forums) and click "create password".
    5. You'll recieve an email within a minute or two (f not, check your spam folder). Click the link and enter your new password. If you want it to match your forum password, you'll need to enter it exactly as you do on the forums. The two platforms are not linked together at all.
    6. Once your new password is set, you should be brought to the home page. Click your name in the top right corner and then click on "profile"
    7. Click "edit profile" and enter your name and phone number. Once you're done, click "update info".
    8. If you want to network with other RC Sub Skippers, head over to the Sub Networking Page. Here you can add your information to share with other SubCommittee Members. Anyone can enter their information to be contacted, but only members will be able to see the full list on the Member Networking Page
    9. Remember, in order to access the members-only areas, you need to be logged in

August SCR is Out!

To help kick off the launch of the new site, Jeffrey Porteous has done another outstanding job on the August issue of the SubCommittee Report.
    SubCommittee Members can log in and download the new issue from the download page.

Download SCR-128 Here
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Made it through the process! Awesome job, team! The new site looks great! Time to do some exploring!

Comment

• salmon
      Treasurer
      • Jul 2011

Is there a way to add tag lines? I use "If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub." one other sites, can it be added here too?
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• thor
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2009

I like it! Thanks, Bob.
        Regards,

Matt

Comment

• subicman
          SubCommittee Member
          • Dec 2007

Nice, smooth process for me

Tim

Comment

• jefftytoo
            SubCommittee Member
            • Mar 2003

Lookin' good in all respects, Bob! Proud to be a member of this team!

(I just updated info. on SCR access/availability in the old SCR section of the Forums.)

Green board,
            Jeff

Comment

• crueby
              • May 2015

Suggestion, add a link to the main site home page from the forum main page. Had a couple people in our group that didn't know how to get there from the forum. The main site has a link to the forum, ought to be one going the other way.

Comment

• sam reichart
                Past President
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by crueby View Post
                Suggestion, add a link to the main site home page from the forum main page. Had a couple people in our group that didn't know how to get there from the forum. The main site has a link to the forum, ought to be one going the other way.
                good call. I was thinking along the same lines.

Comment

• bob the builder
                  Former SC President
                  • Feb 2003

Great suggestion regarding the main site link. The only way I can see to do it easily was to add it in the main notice that pops up when you go to the home page. The notice now has the link to the main site up there.

Bob
                  The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• crueby
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by bob the builder View Post
                    Great suggestion regarding the main site link. The only way I can see to do it easily was to add it in the main notice that pops up when you go to the home page. The notice now has the link to the main site up there.

Bob
                    What notice? I don't see anything like that. No popups, no link. The banner at the top of the forum just goes to the home of the forum. Either that link could go to the SC home page, or another one next to or below it?

Comment

• bob the builder
                      Former SC President
                      • Feb 2003

Should be at the top of any Registered Member's page.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• crueby
                        • May 2015

Nope. I am registered, logged in, I don't see that ever.

Comment

• Submeier
                          SubCommittee Membership Chairman
                          • May 2020

crueby, I might have fixed your issue with not seeing the notification. I modified your profile slightly. I wasn't seeing it either, but now I do. You'd have to log out and then log back in (if you're still logged in).
                          Matthew "Submeier" Homeier
                          Membership Chairman
                          The SubCommittee
                          sigpic

Comment

• crueby
                            • May 2015

Nope, logged out and back in, nothing.

Is this just a one time pop up? If so, I think that is the wrong way to go. We ought to have something showing all the time to get back to the home site, whether for logged in members or not. A one time thing like that gets dismissed and later someone newish won't know where to find it. Why not make the big banner link either go to the home site, or split it into two links?

Comment

• skipjack
                              Administrator
                              • Nov 2014

The notification is constant for all registered and signed in members.

To make it more prominent, I just added a large link right in the main menu bar. You can see that, right?

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X