• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    No one
    • Jul 2003

Passing of the "Godfather"

It is with great sadness I post the following message regarding Skip Asay

I am Skip Asay's daughter, Jenny. I am sad to announce he passed away July 15. I was able to be with him at the end. It is heart warming to read about him in your group! I was always his shadow, following him in the beginning when he was first getting started. Many times I was sent into the water to retrieve a boat. I loved hearing he was an integral part of this! I found your site because when I came to his house, all his subs were gone. I was happy to find your site and discover his boats have all found good homes. It was such a relief!

I have no words to express how powerful this individual, how integrated he is, on my practice of our hoby.

Sailor, rest your oars.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

It is a passing of truly one of the greats.
    Condolences to all that knew him.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Larry Kuntz
      SubCommittee Member
      • Feb 2003

Very sad news indeed. I still run the Dumas Akula kit I bought from him. He was a great friend and will be truly missed.
      "What goes down does not always come back up"

Comment

Working...
      X