• May 2024

New Subs from Scale Shipyard

[color=#000000]To all members of The Sub Committee]
  • thordesign
    • Feb 2003

Mr. Stern,

I gave you the

Mr. Stern,

I gave you the right to use the name "Thor Design & Development" to aid in selling your boats. I never sold the sole rights to use it to you for any reason. If you did not notice, the new business registration is now "ThorDesign". I sold you molds and masters for the kits that I had in production at the time. Check your contract of sale. You can be dismayed all you like. I got back into the business due to a dramatic change in career and constant requests from modelers of the SubCommittee, since you never came out with your kits. I started from scratch with all of my new kits, which as a professional modeler I have the rights to do. It has taken me 3 1/2 years to do so. Those who helped recreate the masters, including the incredible talents of Dave Merriman, Tom Anderson, Steve Reichmuth, & Ralph Ratclifffe, and many others can verify this. Of course they will be almost identical. The same people remade them using the same materials, techniques, and templates. No secrets there.

I sold 2 versions of my old Seawolf kit, one to Blank, which was the later, improved version, with different hull separations points, and the earliest version to you which, at the time was my best piece of work. Dave Merriman did the scribing on both kits, and has now done the 3rd pattern work for me on my new SSN21 kit. It is quite different from the previous 2 versions, however there are pictures of finished SSN21 kits from the molds I sold Blank on my site.

I did not sign a non-compete with you, so again you can check your contract of sale. I am sure Lee is reveling in his purchase and his attempt to put me out of business. This was no suprise as I was well aware of what was going on with you and lee upshaw. It will be up to the modelers of the SubCommittee as to who survives.

Edited By Wheels on 1069724210

Comment

Working...
    X