X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thordesign
    • Feb 2003

1/96 OHIO, 1/96 Virginia Kit

We had an unfortunate accident at the shop a few days ago. My lovely wife turned the heater on in my shop for the first time this year to warm it up for me to lay up a round of hulls. She did not notice that the OHIO pattern was right next to the exhaust flue of the heater which gets up around 700 F when fully lit. The OHIO pattern was destroyed in short order and I am back to square one with that project.

Being sick of staring at OHIO and her remains, we have gotten back on the Virginia project. We are making good progress on her and should have a release date for you fairly soon. Thanks to Dave Merriman and Tom Anderson for all of their kind help. Thanks to you to Steve Reichmuth!!!
  • robse
    • Mar 2003

I can fully understand you,

I can fully understand you, Matt! I know you have struggled quite a bit with the Ohio, and I'm sure I would choose the same as you. Keep the spirits up with the Virginia, surely be a great model kit for us submariners.

For those who still seeks an Ohio 1:96: Sheerline i the UK sells the hull without the inside stuff is asked. They do not have a web site yet, but are to be found through the vendors list on this site. Also Loyalhannah Dockyard (USA) offers a kit, so there's still hope if someone is dying for an Ohio.

Comment

• thordesign
      • Feb 2003

I will pick the OHIO

I will pick the OHIO project back up again after the Virginia is complete. I just do not want to look at OHIO for a while. The military projects I am working on right now will slow the kit releases down quite a bit, but I am committed to getting the Type XXI and Virginia out this next year in good order. Dave Merriman is working on the new conning tower and guns for the XXI, while I am working on the details of Virginia.

Comment

Working...
      X