X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigdave
    • Feb 2003

Re: Night Raider iPad Submarine Game

One of the first apps I put on my new ipad was Night Raider.
    I just had the update for the new HD version a few days ago.
    Although I suck at the game (but getting better) I still like it a lot.
    I got hooked playing it on Patty's ipod.
    Don really sucks as he is in the 48000 range with his score.
    I won't tell you my best score!!
    But Don has more time playing the game. BD.
    sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
    "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

• warpatroller
      • Feb 2006

Night Raider HD version 1.1.1 has just been released on the App Stores today!

This latest release includes the following additions and changes:

- Progressive speed throttling added to game play. The speed of ships and torpedoes gradually increase as game time passes.

- New "Maniac Mode" game setting in Options Menu. The optional Maniac Mode speeds the game up to an insane pace! For those that thought the old game speed was a bit sluggish, try Maniac Mode! It will make your head spin!

- PT Boats only emit a single alarm sound when spawning instead of two. With the increased spawning of PT Boats, the dual alarm seemed to get kind of annoying.

- Corrected the misspelling of the word "torpedoes" (it was torpedos) in scope view and on instructions screen.

Bigdave - I am glad to hear that someone on here besides Jeff is enjoying the game. Skill level at playing the game seems to very wildly from player to player. Some people found the initial version to be too slow-paced, and too easy, while others found it fairly difficult to obtain a a good high score. I got bashed by some people regarding the pace of the game, so that is why I introduced the speed throttling and the new optional Maniac Mode. I get a kick out of that name, "Maniac Mode" lol. You will understand the name choice after you play it.

As a bit of trivia, the "Night Ghost" target is very similar in appearance to the emblem of an unidentified Type VII C snorkel boat. This boat appears in a photograph on page 9 of the magazine U-BOOT IM FOCUS, Edition No. 2, from 2007.

Steve

Comment

• warpatroller
        • Feb 2006

Here are a couple crudely shot videos using an iPhone camera to demonstrate game play. I've had more than a few people ask why I don't have a video of the game available. Not having a good dedicated video camera, or a newer Mac that is fast enough to capture video from the iPad Simulator, makes it difficult to get a good quality video. Therefore, I had held off making one for that reason.

The game, when viewed in person on your iPad, looks as good as it does on the flyer image posted at the beginning of this thread. Totally smooth 60fps movement too, unlike what you see in the video.

Anyway, here they are:

Night Raider HD - Normal Mode Game Play
        This video demonstrates game play in Normal Mode of the iPad game, Night Raider HD, by Celtronic Labs. The image quality of the video is poor, but it is bet...

Night Raider HD - Maniac Mode Game Play
        This video demonstrates game play in Maniac Mode of the iPad game, Night Raider HD, by Celtronic Labs. Maniac Mode increases the speed of the game. The ship...

Merry Christmas guys!

Comment

• salmon
          Treasurer
          • Jul 2011

I will just chime in and say OH YA it looks great on the iPad! For the first time last night I got to the extended time and made it to 73,000! YEESSSSS. I like the improvements that you made. This is not a boring game, but it is one my son and I like to play! Thank you for the great game and the details that you put into it!
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• bigdave
            • Feb 2003

73000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            You really S__K!!!!!!
            I guess I really need more time at the helm.
            Merry Christmas!! BD.
            sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
            "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

• salmon
              Treasurer
              • Jul 2011

LOL
              BD, It seemed like forever that I would make it to 40k and then just a couple of days ago I broke into the 70K range.
              Merry Christmas and may this year be a year of good health and prosperity!
              Peace,
              tom
              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• warpatroller
                • Feb 2006

Salmon - Now you no longer have to wait a long time to start another game. I remembered your request regarding that issue when making the updates. Yes, the average scores will be higher than they were in the initial release. Even though the initial time duration was lowered, you have more targets on screen to fire at. The faster Maniac Mode will allow for the highest scores with the machine-gun like spewing of torpedoes that occurs at the latter stage of the game. It also quickens your reflexes!

Comment

• salmon
                  Treasurer
                  • Jul 2011

warpatroller,
                  Why did you have to burst my bubble? Here I thought I was getting better (which means that I really am a crummy player because even after the upgrade I was in the 40K. Thank you for the shorter time to get back in. It makes it even more fun because instead of getting distracted (bright shiny objects) and closing the game, I find myself being challenged to play one more time! May this gem catch on and reward you financially!
                  Peace,
                  Tom

Comment

• warpatroller
                    • Feb 2006

Hey guys, a new iPhone version of Night Raider is now available on the App Stores. No changes to the game play this time other than just making it playable on the iPhone.

Anyone who was interested in the game but only owned an iPhone or iPod touch, will now be able to download it and play it. It is half the price of the iPad version.

The game will only run on 3rd and 4th generation iPhones and iPod touches. It also requires that you have a minimum of iOS 4.3 installed on your device.

Steve

Comment

• snipah
                      • Jul 2008

Just came across this post and downloaded it for you on my ipad3

Night Raider HD

Comment

Working...
                      X