X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thordesign
    • Feb 2003

New 1/96 Scale Seawolf SSN-21

The all new ThorDesign 1/96 Scale SSN21 Seawolf will be available in just a few days. This all new boat sports more detailing than the previous release, plus all new propulsor design. If you are interested in obtaining one of the initial kits, please drop us a note at matt@thordesign.com
  • bcliffe
    • Feb 2003

Matt,

Any details on the modified

Matt,

Any details on the modified propulsor design? Is it worth it trying to retro fit it to?

Folks,

The quality of this kit is fantastic

and the service is top notch.

Cheers
    BC

Comment

• thordesign
      • Feb 2003

Hi Ben,

Many thanks for the

Hi Ben,

Many thanks for the very kind words.

This boat features a little bit of refinement on the sail, hull, stern planes, and especially the propulsor. The real boat features stators that have a twist to them that delivers the flow to the impeller at the most efficient angle. The aft set of stators straighten the flow back out after passing through the damped impeller. Yes, this impeller is skewed back. You will notice an increase in overall speed, and due to the design of the forward & aft stators a better turning radius. A retro fit would not be that difficult. I will supply the parts to you at no cost if you are wanting to do that.

Comment

• tim morris
        • Feb 2003

Thats pretty cool Matt. Another

Thats pretty cool Matt. Another Great Kit. I am looking forward to the Ohio!!!
        How are the new ballast systems coming along? Things must be plenty busy at your place!

Comment

• thordesign
          • Feb 2003

Hi Tim,

The ballast system is

Hi Tim,

The ballast system is coming along, although a bit slow due to my focus on Seawolf and Ohio right now. I am hoping to have the guinea pig versions of the ballast system sent off to the willing victims sometime in mid-June. I am working on fitting the appendages to the OHIO and Dave Merriman is working up a new prop for her. I will pull the first HHIO hull out of the molds after all of the fit-ups are verified. We are getting very close! I will get some pics up on my website of the new Seawolf in the next few days and OHIO as soon as the first hull is out of the molds.

Comment

• tom spettel
            • Feb 2003

Matt is there any progress

Matt is there any progress on the Victor III....
            Tom
            waiting at the blocks for this one!

Comment

• seawolf
              • Mar 2003

hi all, new here
              http://www.subcommittee.com/forum/icon_razz.gif

hi all, new here
              ... very Cool model.. btw.. how much will the model cost .. is this the R/C completed kit (not only the hull) ?

thanks in advance

Comment

• terry weber
                • Feb 2003

Very nice shot of the

Very nice shot of the Seawolf! I've heard that Matt does the hull only, but you can get the internals from Dave M. I'm still saving for my First boat! I wish it could be a seawolf, but will have to wait. Hey Matt, how hard would it be to convert the seawolf into a virgina? Thanks,
                Terry of Baltimore, MD

Go USA!

Comment

• thordesign
                  • Feb 2003

Terry,

There are very substantial diffences

Terry,

There are very substantial diffences between the SSN21 and SSN774. The hulls are similar,but there is quite a difference in taper in the stern and bow. The beam is smaller on SSN774, the sail is not quite the same. In other words, it would not be worth the effort to do a conversion. I am working on the 1/96 scale Virginia, but it will not be close to completion until well after OHIO is completed this summer. I am spending a tremendous amount of time on developing the new 1/48th Gato kit.

All of my kits will be available as complete kits in the very near future. My new ballast system is almost done, and I already supply all of the electronics that you need along with all of the hardware. By the end of the year, you will be able to buy a complete Permit, Sturgeon, LA Flight II, LA Flight III, Seawolf, Ohio, & Alfa.

Comment

Working...
                  X