Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThorDesign Products

Hello Guys,

It is a darn shame that Matt has decided to retire from the model sub business, but he is far from leaving the hobby! As for the ThorDesign product line, specific items from the
    line will now be available through Atomic Subs. I am now in the process of deciding which models make sense to carry.

FOR THE RECORD, I WILL ONLY BE SELLING COMPLETE KITS.

The following items will be included in these new all-inclusive kits. 1) Model hull with all fittings, appendages and prop with shaft. 2) a D&E Miniatures WTC that best fits each hull 3) Plans and instructions 4) and as upgrade, a complete electronics package with 4 channel radio.

For those who purchase an Atomic Subs all-inclusive kit, replacement parts and electronics will be made available for as long as you own the kit. Delivery of replacement parts will be subject to stock on hand.

WE WILL NOT PART OUT OR SELL SINGLE ITEMS TO THOSE WHO DO NOT OWN A THORDESIGN / ATOMIC SUBS KIT.

We encourage those needing these items to patronize the vendors who service the model submarine community.

SUBTECH
    SMALL WORLD MODELS
    SCALE SHIPYARD
    DEEP SEA DESIGNS
    And other fine vendors
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

Lyle and Matt,

I do not

Lyle and Matt,

I do not understand what has changed....? A while back, the announcement was made that Atomic Subs would become the sole distributor for ThorDesign products. Based on your recent posting, that would still appear to the case?

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• virg
      • Feb 2003

Lyle and Matt,

It sounds to

Lyle and Matt,

It sounds to me as if Matt will still be doing development work but will not have direct contact with the customers. I hope he will still keep his hands in the hobby in some capacity...He's a heck of a talented guy.

I am also concerened about his web site. I'm working on a 1/96th Permit (very slowly, I might add) and make use of the excellent construction plans on his site. Will these be placed on the Atomicsub site or should I warm up the old copier?

Whatever Matt...Good luck to you!

Virgil

Comment

• thordesign
        • Feb 2003

Atomic Subs is producing the

Atomic Subs is producing the ThorDesign Permit, the ThorDesign Alfa, the ThorDesign Seawolf, and the original D&E miniatures SkipJack in 1/96. All of these kits were patterned and released between early 2002 and 2004 when I returned to the business.. I will still do the glass work, for now, on his kits, but Dave Merriman and others will support him supplying the other trimmings as he develops his business. The kit line will include all of the fittings and trimmings as before, and Lyle has some ideas of his own for improvement.

The Website will remain up to aid Lyle in advertising and for informational purposes. I will have absolutely no contact with customers as Lyle will be fully assuming this duty.

Edited By ThorDesign on 1088697652

Comment

• casey thrower
          • Feb 2003

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I've

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I've not seen a bigger cluster #### since the breakup of AT&T.

Edited By Casey Thrower on 1088696306

Comment

Working...
          X