X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigdave
    • Feb 2003

Micro Receivers for 75 MHZ

I have had quite a few e-mails on what kind of receiver I use in my Mini-WTC’s. I know there are not a lot of choices out there for 75 MHZ multi-channel receivers, let alone micro ones. Even a standard mini-receiver will not fit in the small tubes. You have to be very careful how you lay out the components inside of the WTC, there is just no room. I have been using a custom order FMA M5 Sub-micro receiver. The M5 is the world’s smallest Dual conversion FM receiver. It is only 1.3in long, .8in wide, and .58in high. It weighs only .3 OZ yet it is a full function five channel receiver. I have used there receivers for years in my boats and airplanes and they are great. I have talked to Jamie Marks who is one of the owners of FMA and the head of production. I told him there could be a market for the M5 on 75 MHZ with the trend for small models. Plus the release of the Revell U-boat kit there would be a definite market for a very small multi (four plus) channel receiver. He was making them for me on a special order basis, but has told me he will be updating the web site to include the M5 on 75 MHZ. He said he should have it up in a few weeks. I just wanted to pass it along to anyone that is interested and is working on a Mini-WTC. There web-site is www.fmadirect.com. Thanks, Dave.

Edited By Bigdave on 1087218515
    sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
    "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Hi Guys,

This is great news

Hi Guys,

This is great news isn't it! Well, Matt and I have also been in contact with Jamie over the past few months and have put together a M5 Sub-micro package. The package inculdes a transmitter, M5 receiver, and 2 servos for $147.50 USD. We have taken a few advance orders and will be receiving the first units in a couple of weeks. When ordred with an electronics package, we'll offer a 10% discount on the combined total. We'll have info up on the Atomic Subs web site later this week, but if you can't wait, give me a call for more info.

Lyle

Edited By Atomic Subs on 1087180215

Comment

• bigdave
      • Feb 2003

Hi Lyle, That is a

Hi Lyle, That is a great price. Good for you and Matt. I just got a e-mail from Jamie that the M5's are now up on the FMA web-site on 75MHZ. Maybe we will see a trend that the R/C industry as a hole will be supporting more non mainstream parts of the hobby like us. We can only hope! Dave.
      sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
      "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

Working...
      X