Nautilus Drydocks / Precision Pattern Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

Nautilus Drydocks / Precision Pattern Announcement!

Good day, all!

I'm very excited to announce that, effective immediately, the Nautilus Drydocks (aka, Yours Truly) has acquired the patterns, molds and rights to produce the superb line of Precision Pattern submarine kits.*

Matt Thor has done a tremendous job creating a line of very desirable models, however work commitments and new opportunities have now removed his ability to support the production and development of the line adequately. After some negotiation and heart to heart conversations, I concluded an agreement with Matt to assume his line of kits, and I'm looking forward to adding them to the roster of Nautilus Drydocks products in early spring of 2019. Matt has since taken down his website at precisionpattern.biz.

The scope of products will include:*

-SubTech Marlin - new GRP offering of this iconic boat
    -1/96 scale US Sturgeon Class*
    -1/96 scale Russian Oscar Class - originally mastered by Kevin McLeod
    -1/72 scale 571 Nautilus
    -1/16 scale Japanese Kairyu
    -1/48 scale German Type XXI

The purchase also included a large selection of RC receivers on 75mhz, as well as a hefty inventory of the superb VEX 6-channel computerized radios. This inventory, coupled to mine, should allow me to be able to support the RC submarine hobby for years to come.*

I won't be taking possession of the patterns or tooling until early next year due to shipping logistics and timing with the weather (curse you, winter!), and then I will need to sort production. Realistically, we'll be looking at late spring at the earliest to get the kits to market. That being said, no.. I'm not taking orders yet. I'll post up some updates as they become available to keep everyone up to speed on where I'm at.*

A huge thanks to Matt Thor for getting this deal put together with me, and to all of you who help support me in my efforts to service this awesome hobby that we love so much.*

Bob Martin
    Owner - the Nautilus Drydocks, LLC
    The Nautilus Drydocks offers exceptional scale models, accessories and RC components with a focus on military, sci-fi and fantasy submarines. Custom buildup services for display or remote control operation available!
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

congratulations on the deal, to you both. I'm happy to see Matt's line of boats will survive, along with the radio equipment he had in stock.

Comment

• salmon
      Treasurer
      • Jul 2011

I echo Sam's sentiments! It could not be in better hands!
      Congratulations!
      This is such good news!
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• bob_eissler
        SubCommittee Member
        • Aug 2005

Good deal. Can't wait for the Nautilus!

Comment

• ccontrol
          SubCommittee Member
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by bob_eissler View Post
          Good deal. Can't wait for the Nautilus!
          Yessssssssssssssssssss!

Comment

• jure george
            • Jul 2005

Congratulations Bob! OMG more things to spend money on.
            George

Comment

• Chuck
              • May 2015

Many moons ago Matt built some end caps for me, and like Bob, he is a first class guy. I'm really glad to see the Thor products going to a very competent and trustworthy guy like Bob Martin. I can't wait until the 571 Nautilus is available. Nothing but good news in Bob's post !

Comment

• sgtmac1
                SubCommittee Member
                • Oct 2014

How big is the Nautilus , by the way? I'm pretty sure I need one...

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
                  • Oct 2012

1/72 scale 571 Nautilus

Using NavSource numbers.

Length 320'= 53.33"
                  Beam 28' = 4.67"

Comment

Working...
                  X