X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thor
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2009

Precision Pattern-Permit kits are still available. Scope of buisness changes

Despite what another "vendor" may be telling you, the 1/96th Permit kit has been available since 2002, and continues to be available. This is not some sort of "game" to me. Due to the demands on my time from my full time professional job and a few health issues along the way, I have been unable to deliver kits on a continuous basis. This has greatly slowed the progress on the release of new kits. The last batch of Permit kits was produced in June of 2017. The next batch of 10 kits will be produced during the last week of April of 2018, along with the first batch of SSN 637 STURGEON Kits. If you would like to be put on the list, please drop me a note and I will make certain you get a kit. I do not accept any payment until your kit is ready to ship.

Most every vendor in this hobby, with one exception, has a professional job outside of this hobby which complicates being a vendor in this hobby tremendously. This is a relaxing hobby for me, not a financial or personal obsession. I produce these kits because I love doing it even if the time available to do it is very limited.

Beginning in 2018, my professional business will be taking me to Japan and Norway beginning in the next couple of weeks. Our rapidly expanding industrial business, which was started in 1999, eats up nearly all of my time with 3 domestic offices and almost 50 employees (set to nearly double in 2018-19). This new contract will be in effect for nearly 3 years which will make my hobby time during this period extremely thin.

I have mulled closing up shop all-together due to my inability to deliver product on a continuous basis. I know many of you have been disappointed having to wait many months to receive a kit. However, as long as you are willing to be patient with me on the currently available kits and the upcoming kit releases I will remain producing products for the hobby. We will, however, be terminating acceptance of custom order model work, turn key builds, and one-off CNC/3D printing work. This will open up a bit more time to work on the (very slowly) growing kit line.

Thank you, very much, for the business you gave us in 2017. It is very sincerely appreciated.

Happy New Year!
    Regards,

Matt
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Matt-
    Don't you go anywhere. We need all of our vendors, and we need quality components and kits. I hope people understand that this can't be a full time job for the majority of vendors. I say, get your orders in early.

Comment

• cdivine
      SubCommittee Member
      • Mar 2010

Quality is 1000% more important to me than quantity or availability or even price. I will happily wait. Best wishes in health and work to you and your family.

Comment

• rbr687
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2014

2 January 2018
        Matt,
        I sent you an email request to be placed on your list for a Sturgeon hull the last of October 2017, November 2017, and yesterday. I haven’t received a reply from you and/or if I was placed on the list for the next round of Sturgeons. I tried to send you a message on here and your mail box is full and will not accept it.

Thank you

Ernie McElroy

Comment

• thor
          SubCommittee Member
          • Feb 2009

Sorry, Ernie. I just checked my email and I do not see anything from you at all. However, I have you on the list.
          Regards,

Matt

Comment

• thor
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2009

My inbox had 2 new PMs and has plenty of room in it, so it is not full. Not sure what is going on there.
            Regards,

Matt

Comment

• rbr687
              SubCommittee Member
              • Feb 2014

Matt
              I was using this email address, matt@precisionpattern.biz, is it the correct one to use?

Comment

• thor
                SubCommittee Member
                • Feb 2009

Yes, it is Ernie. We recently swapped service providers. That may be the reason. Very strange! You're on the list now, so no worries. The Sturgeon is all molded up now, but If I remember correctly you wanted the extended hull version?
                Regards,

Matt

Comment

• rbr687
                  SubCommittee Member
                  • Feb 2014

2 January 2018

Matt,
                  Yes, I do prefer the Sturgeon long hull but if you are not producing them and you have not indicated a future time when they will be available. I will take the short hull version if that is all I can get but if you start producing of the long hull within the time frame I will take it.

Per conversations with you on a 6 October 2017 email stated that you were not producing a long hull version. Short hull only for now.

Ernie

Comment

Working...
                  X