• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

New website for the Nautilus Drydocks!

So, maybe not a new product, per se, but I finally buckled and took the time and money to entirely redo my website. As of right now it's all housed at www.rc-submarine.com, but eventually my other two sites will live there, too (www.rc-sub.com and www.nautilusdrydocks.com).

Lots of very cool features that I'm looking forward to using more, including a web store for my little (but growing) product offering library.

I'd appreciate any feedback anyone would like to offer, good or bad.

www.rc-submarine.com
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com
  • wingtip
    SubCommittee Member
    • Dec 2004

nice!!!!!!! have you tested those linear servos yet...? I bought a few as well but not far along enough in my build to actually test them....

Comment

• bob the builder
      Former SC President
      • Feb 2003

I haven't yet, unfortunately. Just not enough hours in the day...
      The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

Looks like a nice site.

Couple of points, chiefly on the FAQ's section.

I'd lose the font with funny 'A'. It's okay for the headers, but I personally find it a bit difficult to read when used on the rest of the page. A bit more air between the FAQ questions would also aid readability I think.

The FAQ's section recommends Dumas Akula or Subtech Albacore or Marlin. At this time I believe the two Subtech boats are out of production and the Dumas I personally wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. There were one or two good budget starter kits up until a few years ago, but there is definitely now a gap in the market there. I think one of the cheapest and best kits is the Revell Type VII conversion kit offered by Norbert Bruggen.

A dynamic diver is not necessarily a poor relation to a static diver. They can be a hoot to run, plus the 1:1 Deepflight subs are dynamic divers and they market the positive buoyancy of their craft as an advantage.

You may wish to mention the 433mhz radio option as 75mhz gets more difficult to find for newcomers, whilst also recommending that some devices requires a bit of configuration. Not for the technophobes.

Comment

Working...
        X