Ray Mason's New RC sub Video - Two Thumbs UP - Way UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmsmalley
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

Ray Mason's New RC sub Video - Two Thumbs UP - Way UP!

Once again Ray Mason has done a wonderful job in his latest production "SubRegatta 2002/2003 RC Subs Are A Go!" I REALLY like that he has it on DVD - the image quality is even better than his VHS productions. Of course, now I am going to have to get a player for my shop to go with the VCR!

Ed Tordhal has listed segments of the video elsewhere - but I want to underscore his comment about Mr. Merriman's multi-launch torpedo segment. There have been a number of people on this forum asking how it works - with this DVD, you can actually see it and Dave explains the systems workings too.

Another interesting segment is one on the WWII mini subs. There is a lot of footage I had never seen before. The only negative comment I have is that my ugly mug mars the screen way too often!

Order the DVD and Mason's other "hits" by contacting Ray at Ray.mason@ngc.com

Edited By TMSmalley on 1079550559
  • frank
    SubCommittee Member
    • May 2003

Ray provided a copy of

Ray provided a copy of his DVD "Subs Ago" to me for viewing at the past WRAM show in New York. It was a big hit and drew a large crowd. Ray did a first class job on the editing and sound track that goes along with it. Everyone should get a copy. It's most informative and chances are you'll see yourself or some you know in it.
    Frank
    SC 1360

Comment

• JWLaRue
      Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
      • Aug 1994

I'd like to add my

I'd like to add my own "thumbs up" to Ray's latest regatta video efforts.

The material on this DVD is a very nice mix of real and model subs, with some very good interviews of r/c sub modelers explaining their creations. The WWII mini subs segment that Tim mentioned is titled "Sneak Craft" and was created just after WWII in 1946 by the U.S. It contains some very nice footage and explanations of the various mini-sub methods used by the Italians, Germans, and British.

With this release being in DVD format, not only can you drop this into your DVD player at home, but you can also watch it on your PC/laptop....great for those of us who travel!

-Jeff
      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• tmsmalley
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2003

I also like the "interactivity"

I also like the "interactivity" of the DVD format. It's much easier to move around and find things. Also, it's just cooler than VHS.

Ray mentioned to me that he is going back and re-formatting his other SubCommittee Report videos on DVD too.

Everyone, and especially the new guys, should be buying these videos - in them are answered many of the questions that are seen time and time again on this forum.

Edited By TMSmalley on 1079550452

Comment

Working...
        X