R & R engineering new website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R & R engineering new website

Ron Perrott is re-entering the market with a newly engineered range of dive modules/WTC's based on piston tanks and water pump systems.

A website has been created, which is a being added to gradually, but quite a bit of content to view so far.

R & R Model Engineering welcomes you to our website. Please feel free to take a look around at our products, all of which have been custom designed and built to make your entry into the fascinating world of operating a model submarine as easy as possible. From a basic dynamic dive module to a full blown static dive system, operating torpedoes, up to a fully built, ready to go boat, R & R can supply you with exactly what you need. We can provide you with a kit to build, if you wish to construct your own boat; all the parts you will need to complete the kit with the minimum of fuss; and, most importantly, free and impartial advice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bkpam2155521_untitled_1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	136454
  • thor
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2009

Most excellent!!! It is a very good thing to see another quality vendor. I can attest to the quality of Ron's work. It is absolutely first rate, and Ron is just great fun to be around.

Welcome back, Ron!
    Regards,

Matt

Comment

• southern or
      • May 2014

Looks good. I'm interested in the torpedoes that look to scale for the typhoon.

Comment

• PaulC
        Administrator
        • Feb 2003

I added their site to the SC vendor list.

What scale are their torpedoes?
        Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
        <><

Comment

• JWLaRue
          Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
          • Aug 1994

Assuming that the Typhoon on the R&R web site is from an Engel kit, then those would be 1/100th scale....

-Jeff
          Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• southern or
            • May 2014

Originally posted by JWLaRue View Post
            Assuming that the Typhoon on the R&R web site is from an Engel kit, then those would be 1/100th scale....

-Jeff
            They said it was an Engel boat. That WTC setup isn't like any Engel setup I've seen though. Sub Driver makes 1/72 torpedoes, but for 1/100 and 1/96 boats, 1/72 torpedoes are slightly smaller then a scale ICBM.

Comment

The Typhoon is an early Engel Typhoon hull, which had the sharper bow and lacked the anechoic tile detail.

Ron refitted it with a pair of his modules for a friend. It runs very well, with a much swifter dive time than the Engel boat owing to the ballast volume being divided over four piston tanks.

AFAIK, Ron makes the torpedoes in one size only. Not sure whether they're exact scale for 1/96-1/100th scale, Ron is best placed to answer that.

Comment

• southern or
                • May 2014

Originally posted by sub culture View Post
                The Typhoon is an early Engel Typhoon hull, which had the sharper bow and lacked the anechoic tile detail.

Ron refitted it with a pair of his modules for a friend. It runs very well, with a much swifter dive time than the Engel boat owing to the ballast volume being divided over four piston tanks.

AFAIK, Ron makes the torpedoes in one size only. Not sure whether they're exact scale for 1/96-1/100th scale, Ron is best placed to answer that.
                That makes sense. I wasn't saying that was a bad WTC setup. I actually like it, but I'm committed to Engels setup because I already paid for it.

Comment

• Richard J
                  • Sep 2016

Bit late to reply, and for that I apologise...if you ask Ron nicely, he will make you a set of torpedoes to more or less what ever size you want.The ones in my Akula were custom designed and built to fit in a very confined space, but they work just as well as any others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bkpam2155521_13087251_1205535232790358_3127200753212755146_o.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	129693Click image for larger version

Name:	bkpam2155521_12440417_1174470139230201_5979764453661063427_o.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	129694
                  "take her down, number one...periscope depth if you please"

Comment

Working...