• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Presenting "The Vault"

The SubCommittee site now has an area in the Members section called "The Vault". In this area, members can freely share files with other members for items such as build instructions, plans, electronic instructions, 3D files, etc. We have increased the size of the files that can be place in this area to the following:
    1. jpg files can be up to to 2 megabytes,
    2. pdf files up to 1 megabyte and
    3. zip files up to 1 megabyte.

The files dropped here are freely distributed; there will be no charges for the content.
    Please give it a try; leave something to share, or take something to use for your own projects.

Please leave feedback about this feature! We want to hear from you.
    Thanks!

Sam
    Jim
    Tom
  • scott t
    • Feb 2003

So the insert image show the same file types. I wanted to upload a pdf of the Surcouf but it is 10. MB.
    Tried a 2MB pdf but it said wrong file type. Do you use the Insert Image button?
    Can we also do Word Documents in the future.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	134663

Comment

• sam reichart
      Past President
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by scott t View Post
      So the insert image show the same file types. I wanted to upload a pdf of the Surcouf but it is 10. MB.
      Tried a 2MB pdf but it said wrong file type. Do you use the Insert Image button?
      Can we also do Word Documents in the future.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]9080[/ATTACH]
      thanks for the feedback Scott. I'm going to have to ask someone about your questions... please stand by.

Comment

• salmon
        Treasurer
        • Jul 2011

A pdf file or zip file, I can access under “Go Advanced” bottom right. Although I had an issue with size. Hmmm
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• lhdockyard1
          SubCommittee Member
          • Dec 2011

Yes, I have been having issues with the size as well. I have dozens of things to post and even at their lowest resolution the files are too big. The files are also too dense for zipping to save enough to matter.

Comment

• sam reichart
            Past President
            • Feb 2003

OK...let's see what we can do to increase the size for all the file types.

Comment

• sam reichart
              Past President
              • Feb 2003

so, it looks like it's more than just increasing the size parameters on the file types. still being researched.

Comment

Working...
              X