• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Volunteer needed for Editor of The Report

To all the members of the Subcommittee:
    With the passing of Jeff LaRue, a huge hole has been left in our club. Jeff was the guiding force behind "The Report" magazine ever since Gene Berger handed over the helm on that task (year?). In addition, Jeff was also a member of the SC Leadership team.
    This announcement is being made on several different forum sections, and on the Facebook pages for the SubCommittee.
    The SubCommittee needs a volunteer to take the reins from Jeff and continue the work that he did in making the Report the magazine that it was in terms of quality, and always delivered timely. Jeff had been noting for several years now that we were running low on material for publication, and he had also asked that someone consider taking over his role.
    That time is now. The continuation of the magazine will only occur if someone steps up and accepts the responsibility for making the publication happen; managing the software, collating and collecting the articles, and reminding the contributors of the deadlines as they approach.

This is it, folks. Time to step up.
    If no one can be found to volunteer for this work, we have to ask whether or not the Club will continue in its current format.

We (Jim, Tom and I), will wait 30 days for a volunteer. If no one steps up, additional decisions on the fate of the Report and the club will be forthcoming.
    Respectfully,
    Sam Reichart
    Tom Chalfant
    Jim Butt
  • bruce martin
    • Sep 2009

Sam...your absolutely right a huge hole has being left, not only did Jeff do the work on the SCR I believe he looked after the membership applications as they came in, and monitored the website, so we could use a number of people to look after those other areas as well. For the most part we will need a few people to look after all that Jeff did. In reality Jeff's
    resposiblities should have been divided up a long time ago and it would not have left us scrambling.
    I am the Election Committee Chair and right now I'm at a loss because I was going to depend on Jeff to guide me along.
    So I will move forward and ask other members who have done it before to complete my task.
    Not sure I like the term FATE of the REPORT and CLUB. Not Very Positive.

Later Bruce

Comment

• subdude
      Official Peon
      • Feb 2003

Bruce,

I would ask that you and the rest of the election committee kindly put things on hold until Sam, Tom, and I have a little more time to discuss the direction we're headed.

Thanks!

Jim
      SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• thor
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2009

Bruce,

Splitting Jeff's responsibilities up had been discussed when we converted over to a digital format. That is not a new idea. Jeff was apprehensive at the time, to say the least.
        Regards,

Matt

Comment

• sam reichart
          Past President
          • Feb 2003

We had a good conversation tonight on where we think the direction of the club can go (Jim, Tom and I). The primary concern right now is about getting the Report published. As Jeff had constantly reminded everyone, content is always needed to keep the pipeline of material flowing into published content. We're looking into a way to get what we currently have published. The amount of material available we have is low, though, and we can always use more build articles, historical articles, etc.

Aside from that, we discussed some ideas about how we may be able to go forward with different and interesting aspects of the Club. Stand by for more on that, as we discuss these ideas and determine their viability.

Comment

• bruce martin
            • Sep 2009

Jim
            I will put the election items on hold till a decision has been made, I still need to make a post to ask if there are any more people interested in any of the positions ( or did I just do that ). Let me know, send me a PM.

Later Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X