• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

Working to clean up back issues

I so enjoy that we have all the back issues available to members and have personally read all of these several times. This resource is worth years of the price of membership renewal alone. Anyways, some issues are incomplete or out of order. I am willing to rescan the issues that have errors, but could use your input. If you find a problem with an issue, would you add it to this thread?
    Some of these may not be an error like a blank page, the original might actually be blank, but not marked as blank or a duplicate page might be the way an original was and is represented correctly, I just do not know. So your help is appreciated.
    Here are the first 10 issues and what I found.

Issue #. Possible errors
    1. copied on legal size, duplication of page 11, no page 12,
    2. page 12 missing - ends on page 38 (just need to verify that is the last page)
    3. Page after 33 is blank
    4. Ok
    5. Page 24 duplicated, no page 25, duplicate Tamiya and Yamada page, last page blank
    6. Copied on legal size paper, missing pages 2,3,4,
    7. Page 30 blank, page 67 blank,
    8. Missing page 5, page 7 and 6 reversed, page 9 and 8 reversed, pages are just reversed
    9. Pages 47 and 46 reversed, and several others after that
    10. Page 17 missing, page 29 blank,

Thank you!
    Peace,
    Tom
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
  • goose814
    • Jul 2004

I have every issue so I will have a go at it. A bit busy next few days so will take a look on Thursday.

Gus

Comment

• salmon
      Treasurer
      • Jul 2011

Thank you Gus! That helps a lot!
      Next 10
      11.pages out of order
      12.pages missing
      13.page 52 and 51 reversed, 76 and 77 reversed
      14.pages 8 and 9 reversed, e14 e15 e16 reversed,
      15.page 52 upside down
      16.verify blank pages
      17.ok
      18.ok
      19.ok
      20.page 5 missing, page 6 and 7 reversed, 7 duplicated,

On some of the issues with pages out of order, I think I can correct that in Adobe Pro. This is going off memory,but I believe I can insert and remove pages. When I can I will check it out.

Peace,
      Tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
        • Oct 2012

Tom, I just took a look at 1 through 10.
        Issue #6 downloads but does not show up.
        Say 62 pages but all pages display as blank.
        Glad I still have old download.
        Other 9 issues seem to be good.
        Later I will count pages and compare to your fix it list.
        Nice job on the effort being put in to this project.
        Ralph

Comment

• salmon
          Treasurer
          • Jul 2011

Ralph,
          I can't thank you enough. Maybe my copies are different or a more current upload had happened. I just am not sure. So, any help benefits us all!
          Next 10

21.OK
          22.Page 8 is blank, page 27 and 28 reversed,
          23.OK
          24.page 11 is blank, page 27 and 28 reversed, page 34, 35, 36 out of order, 41 and 42 reversed
          25.page 8 and 9 reversed, 48 and 49 reversed, 67 and 68 reversed
          26. Page 51 and 52 reversed
          27.OK
          28.page 48 is blank, 55 missing, 56 and 57 reversed, 58,59,60,61 mixed up, rest of scr mixed
          29.OK
          30.page 27 and 28 reversed,

Comment

• salmon
            Treasurer
            • Jul 2011

Still working on this. I sent some that have been fixed to the Committee for review and approval.
            Issue 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 22, 24, 25,26, and 28 (sorta, missing pages 55, 63 and/or 65 if one or both are advertisements)

I am willing to get copies of pages for the ones missing and I can insert the missing page. So, if you are willing to help it would be appreciated.

Peace,
            Tom

Comment

Working...
            X