• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

2014 SubRegatta Raffle Donations

The SubCommittee’s annual event, SubRegatta 2014, is being held in Keystone, CO. on Friday July 18th to Sunday July 20th, 2014, at the Keystone Lodge Pond in Keystone, Colorado. At this, our 23rd annual SubCommittee SubRegatta, modelers and submarine enthusiasts from everywhere will come together to display and run model subs. This year the SubRegatta is made even more exciting because it is being held in the Rocky Mountains allowing new participants to attend.

The weekend long raffle is a major source of funding for this event and is a highly anticipated part of every SubRegatta due the generosity of donors like yourself. I would like to ask for your continued support by soliciting for donations of prizes like electronics, kits, plans, hulls, books, etc. and any other items that get people interested in attending. Any hobby or submarine related donation is gratefully accepted. I will send out a follow up letter.

I understand many will want to bring their donation to the event. If you intend to do that, please e-mail or PM me and let me know what it is so I can post it here.

Any item you are able to donate may be mailed directly to Tom Spettel who has graciously agreed to help with this portion of the raffle. His shipping address is:

Tom Spettel
    Attn: SCR Raffle Table
    8705 105th Ct.
    Henderson, CO. 80640

In closing, the staff for SubRegatta 2014 and the SubCommittee appreciate your continued support for this annual event.

-many thanks,

Tom Chalfant
    P.S. I asked to lock this thread to keep this about the great things people are donating. Please email or pm me what you are bringing and I will add it here.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

Re: 2014 SubRegatta Raffle Donations

Tom,

Count me in. I will start gathering some items for the raffle and send them to Tom S.

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• PaulC
      Administrator
      • Feb 2003

Tom,

I've got a hardback copy of "Blind Man's Bluff" by Sontag and Drew I will donate.

Added: Thank you Paul! That is a great book about some of the Cold War sub missions!
      Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
      <><

Comment

• salmon
        Treasurer
        • Jul 2011

Matt Thor has offered to donate a Permit kit and 2 speed controls, 2 failsafes, and 2 APCs

Wow! Thank you Matt!
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• salmon
          Treasurer
          • Jul 2011

After the SoCal Fun Run, I see more and more how valuable it is to get together and sail as a group. Your support to the raffle cannot be underestimated.
          Please let me know if you intend to donate and what it is for the raffle. We need your help and support. You can contact me directly tchalfant at earthlink dot net

Thank you!

Comment

• salmon
            Treasurer
            • Jul 2011

Just got word that Byron Collie will donate a 1/35th scale Bronco Type XXIII Coastal submarine kit.
            Thank you Byron!

Comment

• salmon
              Treasurer
              • Jul 2011

Chad Divine is donating two plans, both are from the Anime Submarine 707R.
              One is the 707R and the other is the UX-1. Very cool plans.
              Thank you Chad!

Comment

• salmon
                Treasurer
                • Jul 2011

Tim Smalley has donated two SubRegatta t-shirts. One XL and one XXL, Thank you Tim!

Comment

• salmon
                  Treasurer
                  • Jul 2011

Jeff Porteous is donating a variety of items from steel shot (great for trimming a sub) to a small binocular. Thank you Jeff! Look forward to seeing you there!

Comment

• salmon
                    Treasurer
                    • Jul 2011

Radio Controlled Models has donated a certificate for 50% off one of the RAM products! Thank you!

Comment

• salmon
                      Treasurer
                      • Jul 2011

Tim Senecal is donating:
                      1 futaba synthesized 75mhz transmitter module
                      1 hitec synthesized 75mhz transmitter module
                      1 Sombra Labs Shadow 7 channel receiver and programmer
                      1 Sombra Labs SL-8 8 channel receiver and programmer

I am buying extra tickets to see if I can win a Sombra Labs rx!
                      Thank you Tim for the donation!

Comment

• salmon
                        Treasurer
                        • Jul 2011

I have three more donations I need to post (bought a new home, so time is tight).
                        I asked Jeff LaRue to open this thread back up.

We are a month away from the Regatta and I have not had much of a response for donations. I am not sure what to do other than make a plea for help. I completely blame myself for the lack of donations. I am way out of my league. Please help support our annual SubRegatta.

Comment

• JWLaRue
                          Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
                          • Aug 1994

...as requested, this thread has been unlocked....

-Jeff
                          Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• salmon
                            Treasurer
                            • Jul 2011

Thank you for the quick response. You ROCK!

Comment

• boomerfunker
                              SubCommittee Member
                              • Mar 2003

Also coming to a raffle table near you...

1. 1/350 scale desktop model of USS Virginia. Be the envy of your cubicle mates.

2. Swimline R/C submarine (w/batteries ) like what Jeff Porteous was touting elsewhere. Plop and play.

3. 24"x16" color print of a Los Angeles class submarine signed by the artist. Nice for the shop wall!

Comment

Working...
                              X