IPMS Show - Urgent Call for Volunteer(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

IPMS Show - Urgent Call for Volunteer(s)

Calling all members!

As some of you will recall, we are scheduled for a booth in the upcoming IPMS show that begins on Wednesday. Because we could not get any local volunteers to step up to attend the booth on our behalf, Ed Tordahl and I volunteered to fly to Omaha from Texas. I was going to fly us up in my airplane, giving us vastly increased flexibility and the ability to bring models and promotional materials with us.

Well...

During a routine flight up to Dallas last Friday, I noticed some aberrant behavior from the engine in my aircraft. and turned it around. My mechanic got it in the shop right away and let me know that he couldn't see anything wrong with the engine other than a sticky turbo wastegate. He advised we take it up today to check things over and be sure.

Well... long story short, my son and I just got back from the airport, and the issue is still there. As such, I am not comfortable putting it through a long cross-country flight from Texas to Nebraska. I'm certainly not willing to risk my life or Ed's to get to a trade show. At this late juncture, a round-trip flight is exceptionally expensive and shipping the promotional items and models we planned would only compound the financial problem.

Coupled with all of this, I was diagnosed with a granulation in my liver last week, and MD Anderson wants me in for testing on Thursday and a biopsy on Tuesday following.

It seems that the universe is trying to tell us something. I feel absolutely terrible. In the year and a half that I've owned my plane, it's been exceptionally reliable and has been running better than ever lately. To have this happen at such a time-critical juncture is incredibly bad timing.

So... at this point, I am bowing out of the show, which also pulls the transportation rug out from under Ed. We now find outselves in need of at least one individual within striking distance of Omaha Nebraska to man the booth for us from Wednesday through Saturday. It's a longshot, but hopefully out of 300 members, we'll get one that steps up. If so, I'll personally front the expense of shipping all of the materials overnight to them or to the show location.

If you are willing, please email me directly at president@subcommittee.com or call me at 239 877 4280. Here is the link to the IPMS event page if you require more information.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Bob Martin
    President - The SubCommittee
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com
Working...
X