• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sgtmac1
    SubCommittee Member
    • Oct 2014

Gene Berger's fleet boat?

I have seen mentioned several times in the SCR that Gene Berger had a magnificent fleet boat in 1/48th scale. Does anyone know where more information might be on his boat? Is Gene still around? I would live to see this boat...
    Thanks,
    Dave
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

Re: Gene Berger's fleet boat?

Gene built a stunning 1/32nd scale Balao fleet boat using one of the 32nd Parallel hulls. A lot of us fondly recall the year he brought it to the SubRegatta painted pink to represent the USS Sea Tiger from the movie "Operation Petticoat". I'm pretty sure that one of the regatta videos had a segment on Gene's boat.

The last I heard was Gene had started to do a rebuild of his boat. That was about a year ago. Perhaps someone can provide a more up-to-date bit of information.

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• sam reichart
      Past President
      • Feb 2003

Re: Gene Berger's fleet boat?

Gene's fleet boat won honors at the IMPS show here in Richmond in February 2013. I saw Gene at the same show in Feb of this year, and he did not have the fleet boat with him at that time. Like Jeff said, Gene was working on refitting the whole model, but he was also working on a number of other boats, so this may rebuild may be taking place in the background.

Comment

Working...
      X