• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • g2tiger
    • Feb 2003

is it somethign I said?

Well,

Everyone is awful quite on this board. What gives? No body building? No mods? Everyone already know everything? Gato got your tounge? I have sorted the posts and cant see any new posts so what's the deal?

Should I go fly a R/C plane? Those guys have some active pages.

Charlie
  • Rogue Sub
    • Jul 2006

Re: is it somethign I said?

Charlie
    When was the last time you posted progress ?

Lead by example!

Comment

• g2tiger
      • Feb 2003

OK Kevin,

I'll post something. There once was a man from...

Just kidding. Here's the scoop.

The Marlin Mark VI+II project is moving along steadily. There is some thought in the building yard after the last meeting to consider a different conning tower replacing the WWII tower with a modern tower and going with a Soviet type painted black hull with white stripe and such. Perhaps a Kilo look would be cool, move the forward dive planes back and up a bit... As far as the engineering goes there are some design and equipment issues to resolve.

The WTC is the biggest hold up as it will determine the rest of the models internal configuration. Much depends on what the final length will be and how the ballast tank will operate. I have already reduced the length of the prop shaft inside the hull by half to accommodate a larger/longer WTC. I am thinking about a pump operated boat as I think they are a good balance of KISS and KISS your money good buy to get a decently operating model. but my current WTC has bladders in it. The bladders may or may not be large enough.

As for the USS Cash On Delivery (Cod) SS224 there is major work going on in the WTC as well. Thank heavens for the Uncle Sam, my faithful R/C tug which never seam to have any real issues save for those that I don't inflict upon it.

The Cod's WTC is being completely redesigned as the one I purchased has many issues or design flaws that I could not reconcile. One of the bigger issues I have overcame with the help rogue Sub Works is changing to a single prop with a two prop gear setup. The original WTC came with two motors and two props that spun in the same direction. I have since converted to a single motor and have two brass counter rotating props coming from Loyalhanna Dockyard.

I believe that the single motor will yield the same thrust and use less power/current allowing for better run times. Following on this huge change is a reworking of the model motor compartment equipment tray. In the original there is no tray to hold the equipment but an aluminum rail which I found flexed a lot. I did not like that. So I am working on installing a tray to hold the equipment. I also am seriously thinking about a pump system to pull and push water from the ballast tank. You know the drill.

My fondness for pump systems comes from my first boat the Albacore which ran flawlessly. Hats off the Mr. Skip for such a wonderful boat. Don't ask what happened to the Marlin when I built her, the thing was off from the start. that is why it is under the knife so much.

So there you have it.

Now who's next
      Dare ya!

Comment

• Rogue Sub
        • Jul 2006

No pictures?

Comment

• steveneill
          SubCommittee Member
          • Jul 2009

Re: is it something I said?

I built everything I wanted personally. For now anyway. Although there is more I want to do to my 1/32 VIIC.

But I'm building for customers regularly. Currently a 66 inch Disney Nautilus. More on that later.

But I average about 6 boats a year. This year a few more than that. And I did just acquire a...

Steve
          www.steveneillsgarage.com

Comment

Working...
          X