X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • g2tiger
    • Feb 2003

what size are the tubes?

Anyone know what size and length the aluminum tubes for the bow controls are? Looks like two different sizes???

Where do you get them?

Charlie
  • g2tiger
    • Feb 2003

Say,

Where is all the traffic

Say,

Where is all the traffic with respect to the Gato? Am I missing something? Should I trash the model and get an R/C airplane? Sure looks easier...

Comment

• mkeatingss
      • Nov 2003

You're right, it is harder

You're right, it is harder than a model planes. And the finished product can be as hard, or harder, to handle than a chopper. And, there's plenty going on.

If you wondering about answers to you're question, it'd be easier if you were more specific. What tubes? Bow Bouyancy air line? Rigging drive rod, for the bow planes? Control rod for bow planes?

There are many places, in the bow, where aluminum tubing might be used. What, specitically, are you asking about?

Mike K.

Comment

• g2tiger
        • Feb 2003

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. i

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. i was wondering about the aluminum tubes used to actuate the bow planes/rig them out for dive. And also the tube used for moving them to make the sub dive or surface.

Some of my buddies say the set up is difficult to get right and say the model works well without the forward planes. Also it is said you can use the forward section of the wtc for the bow control servos.

I am being told it is 3/16 tube from a guy with the gato.

What are your thoughts?

Comment

• mkeatingss
          • Nov 2003

Aside from the fact, that

Aside from the fact, that I like Brass, and the semi-flexible plastic, control rods, I see no reason that wouldn't work. And, if you know a guy with a working Gato, I'd follow him around until I got all my questions answered. Maybe even until I had the boat in the water, and working.

Mike K.

Comment

Working...
          X