X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mkeatingss
    • Nov 2003

It's been awfully quiet

There's been no new action here, for over a month. So, I guess it's time to stir things up.
    Is anyone interested in doing, the under deck details, on this boat? I've got both Fleet and Guppy drawings. They're big, averaging around 6 meg, and, some, aren't great. But, if anybody is interested, email me << mkeatingss(AT)cox.net >>. If you've got the band-width, I'll be happy to send them.

Mike K.
  • big jim
    • Feb 2006

This was something that I

This was something that I was hoping the kit would come with. I'd like to see what you have.

Comment

• g2tiger
      • Feb 2003

I'll take a look at

I'll take a look at the Guppy plans. I have some in 1/72 scale from a good source. I think they are of the Becuna.

Send to g2tiger@comcast.net

I have high speed internet

Comment

• mkeatingss
        • Nov 2003

Plans

I've got over 200 drawings, reassembled from scanned sections (1 to 5 per drawing). They're as varied as "Torpedo Tube Shutters", "Air, Oil and Water piping In Superstructure" and "Superstructure Frames" (11 Drawings)".
        I need a Better idea of what you need. Fleet or Guppy? Outboard or Inboard Profile? I've even got some MK 14 and MK 18 Torpedo drawings.

Also, some of the drawings are pretty good, others are so bad they could best be described as "almost legible".

Due to Bandwidth limitations, I've had to reduce the originals to 96dpi, and then shrink them to <> 6 meg in size.

For most of us, a six meg file will pretty well fill our mail box. So, I have to wait till you download one file, before I can send the next.

Email your needs, and I'll send what I've got.

One last thing. If you find these of use? When the end of the year gets here, and you're looking for charities to donate to? Remember Pampanito, they sent the original scans to me.

Mike K.

Comment

I'd love the fleet boat

I'd love the fleet boat (WW2) under main deck details, too. Actually, as long as you're asking...

- Main decks for Bluegill and Hardhead, or similar, specifically the patterns of their perforated metal decks. I've got their wooden details, but the metal plates are tougher. They seem to vary from boat to boat and yard to yard, even though Manitowac putatively used the EB plans. Bluegill's main deck plates aren't symmetrically arranged at all, based on photos.

- Electric Boat/Manitowac torpedo shutters. Manitowac boats, in particular, seem to have a very different "lip," for lack of a better word, where the forward shutter edge hinges into the outer hull. Revell made this little section curved, but photos of Manitowac Balaos show it to be angular.

Mike, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Those are the two EB/Man. boats I've been collecting references on, apart from Guardfish, whom I have excellent plans of, as built.

Thank again for the kind offer.

Robert
          caliburnus@earthlink.net

Comment

Working...
          X