X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uscgmar
    • Feb 2007

Sheet lead for ballast

I am just completing my Engle Gato and need some additional sheet lead for additional ballist and to trim out the boat. Any suggestions short of goig back to Engle for more.

Garry[/b]
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

Hi Garry,

You might be able

Hi Garry,

You might be able to get some sheet lead at a building contractor's store. Sheet lead is (sometimes) still used for flashing on chimneys.

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Lead for Ballast

Garry, I agree with Jeff as he is right on the money with that suggestion. I have found that the roof flashing he has mentioned works well, as it is easy to cut with a pair of small metal cutters and molds easily enough should you need to contour the fit. This material is available at ACE Hardware stores or at a roofing supply or simply at your local building supply. Good luck. Al,

Comment

• aeroengineer1
        • May 2005

Mcmaster.com. They have everything, and

Mcmaster.com. They have everything, and typically they are cheaper than most other stores. Sometimes they are not, but rarely. I have bought sheet lead there before.

Adam

Comment

• hampboats
          • Nov 2005

Sheet lead

This is a little more obscure - but I got enough sheet lead for a life time off the back of a door of a bomb shelter that was built into a house I bought years ago. When they sold me the house, they said it was a wine cellar I guess the lead kept the wine from going bad.

Comment

Working...
          X