X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustysub
    • Apr 2005

Stock revell Conning Tower Adapter Plug

I have been converting a Stock Gato conning tower to a cut down version of the Gato Tower for a Particular Boat. I decided to make this adapter plug set available for IBS. The plug opens up a lot more options to do particular Gato Towers that have the point ends on the rear of the tower deck. Set comes with the plug, two gun platform extenders, and a deck section to be used between the mast platform (for cut down gato fairwater versions). Also an instruction sheet guide that shows what and where to cut in order to do the transformation . Boat fairwater differ so cutting down the fairwater will eventually rely on your references for the boat you want to do.

• ricknelson
    • Dec 2006

Your plug looks good. What

Your plug looks good. What will you be asking for it? Please do me a favor. Include in your instructions that the door on either side of the fairwater needs to be removed. There were no doors on operational boats only an open archway. This is something the museums do to keep visitors out from underneath the fairwater for liability purposes. Revell copied the museum boat quite literaly, even included the broom! BAD, BAD! I see that you still have your doors on.

Thanks

Comment

• rustysub
      • Apr 2005

Hi Rick, thanks, Actually This

Hi Rick, thanks, Actually This tower I am working on is still in the WIP phase, I have not adjusted it to the actual fingerprint tower yet , there is to be a lot more changes then whats on picture shown. What you see in the picture is basic back chopped up Revell tower and the plug in its place. The cobia lockers all need to be realtered as well. The set is $18, I first intended the plug by itself below $10, but I realize it needs the platforms and the deck insert. and the paperwork for installation of the plug. Mario

Comment

Very nice! A great idea.

Very nice! A great idea. I'll probably be getting one in the near future.

Which boat will she become? With the drilled out holes at the back of the plug, she almost looks like Peto. Just curious.

Robert

Comment

• rustysub
          • Apr 2005

Thank you, you are very

Thank you, you are very observant , close, Peto shes not. I believe Peto lost her early point to a round look. and lost the holes to. Her tower was ether severely re altered or replaced, not sure. This boat I'm building , shes a secret still , You will see her once shes done. Mario

Comment

Working...
          X