Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale rivets for the 1/72nd Gato

Hi all,

I'm thinking about trying to replicate some rivet detal on the model and I came across this URL: http://www.grandtline.com/model_railroa ... _pages.htm

Just curious if the consensus is that any of these would work (right size, shape, etc.). I'm looking at conning tower details, mainly.

Thanks,

Robert
  • pirate
    • Oct 2005

Robert,

There's a new, or should

Robert,

There's a new, or should I say rejuvinated, product announced in the upcoming September issue of The SubCommittee Report. It is sheets of vinyl rivet and bolt appliques in different sizes and scales. You simply peel and stick them. When they get painted over they create the raised effect of real bolts and rivets. The company used to make them, but stopped for an unknown reason. Now they are making them again.

The good news is, if you're a SubCommittee member you'll get this issue of The SubCommittee Report and find out what it is and how to get it.

Keep your eyes peeled for Isuue 70, the september issue of The SubCommittee Report.

Pete

Comment

• ricknelson
      • Dec 2006

Robert,

The Grandt Line products are

Robert,

The Grandt Line products are very good. I have used them in doing tanks and they are used by other modelers according to the various modelling BBs. The parts are well cast.

Comment

Working...
      X