X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subshop
    • Aug 2003

WELD PATTERN

Anyone have an idea of where i could find info on weld patterns for a gato. any help appreciated. neil
  • rokket
    • Oct 2005

The dockyard plans floating about

The dockyard plans floating about somewhere might have a few key welkds, and the pix in Warship Pictorial #28 are fantastic. From what I can see of pix, the Revell Kit is generally very good, but some boats were a bit diff, there is more detail in the pix, and of course the welds were beads, not large square raised lines.

Comment

• ricknelson
      • Dec 2006

Documents that include weld lines

Hi SUBSHOP,

Go to The Floating Drydock web site (www. floatingdrydock.com) and purchase these two drawings:

Bu-SS212-19 USS GATO SS212 class 3/43 OUTER SHELL EXPANSION AFT, EB, BuShips#388506,SS212-227 Var $15.00

Bu-SS212-20 USS GATO SS212 class 3/43 OUTER SHELL EXPANSION FORWARD, EB, BuShips#388505,SS212-227 Var $15.00

You'll find them under Tom's "Bu" listing. I'm building the Grouper, SS-214, using Revell's 1/180 Lionfish and I have stripped off all of the weld lines that Revell added and will make up new weld lines using the above two docs as references.

Comment

Archer Fine Transfers has simulated

Archer Fine Transfers has simulated weld lines. They're decals, actually, with resin stripes in them. They go on just like regular decals do. If you need to eliminate any weld lines on the Revell or Trumpeter kits, you should be able to replace them with these decals. The downside? They're pricy. Spruebrothers.com carries them, but be prepared to shell out some dollars if you need a lot of them.

Robert

Comment

Working...
        X